“2 nights - Nice staff, good breakfast, average rooms” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Moreno Valley
Las Vegas, Nevada
“2 nights - Nice staff, good breakfast, average rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

We stopped and stayed at this hotel on the way to and from our final destination. The first night we stayed was a Tuesday and the second night was a Saturday.

The Tuesday night the room we stayed in appeared to be clean. However, after my child crawled around on the floor, it was apparent that the carpet was nasty. It ruined the outfit my child had on. The doorstop on the floor was not actually screwed down. My crawler immediately found and had the doorstop and screws out. The bed had sometime of plastic or vinyl cover on it. This cover made for a sleepless night for me. It did not bother my spouse, but I think everyone has different tolerances to sleeping on that type of material.

When we arrived for the Saturday night stay the lobby was incredibly loud with dance music. The front desk clerk informed us that they were hosting a dance that night. He told us that he had intentionally put us in a room far away from the music and that we would not be able to hear it.. He was correct (which was amazing considering how loud it was in the lobby). The room was on the 3rd floor and had a “balcony”. It really was not much of a balcony as it was only about 1-2 feet deep. This bed did not have the same type of mattress cover and it resulted in an excellent night’s sleep. The room was clean and so was the carpet. My child crawled around in this room with a light colored outfit, but it stayed clean. I don’t know if this room had newer carpet or not, but it was definitely cleaner. The bathrooms were very clean in both rooms.

The pool was clean, but as someone else mentioned the water was cold.

There was ample parking both nights.

The breakfast was your typical Holiday Inn Express breakfast. The cinnamon rolls were hot and fresh. Both days we were there they had some fruit choices. We were pleased with it on both stays.

The front desk staff was extremely polite both stays.

I would have given this hotel a 4 except I didn't like the plastic mattress pad and dirty carpet the first night.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Tumwater, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011 via mobile

I almost exclusively stay at Holiday Inn Express, and I am on the road 280 days days a year. This one is in the top 5 forthwith hotel itself and #1I for the staff. They always take outstanding care of me and it almost feels like coming home when I return.

• Stayed August 2011
Kingsport, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

Nice room. Room seemed clean and fairly modern. The staff always spoke and were very helpful. My only complaint was the pool was a bit cold for my taste. I noticed some young girls come in off the street and use the spa and it was obvious that they weren't staying at the hotel. But overall you will get good treatment and a good nights rest at this hotel.

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

Excellent experience all the way around. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was very nice and very clean. the bathroom was also immaculate. The microwave and refridge were in a cabinet, first class. The breakfast was also excellent with a good variety, including eggs, hot cakes, sausage, bacon, cereal, muffins, etc. And, very comfortable beds. Highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

Family members and I arrived late afternoon Friday, Jan 21,2011 as this was the designated ‘family hotel’ for a weekend family gathering. The staff that checked us in was friendly and helpful. Being from the East coast I’ve always enjoyed the architecture of California buildings. This one was no different. We took about 10 rooms and I didn’t hear anybody complain about the hotel. The hotel was nice enough to put us all near each other.
The lobby was clean and so was the room. The rooms were not very big but big enough for 2 people. The only exception was the tiny bathroom. The door barely had room to open completely. It was almost hitting the toilet. We had a microwave and refrigerator in the room which was helpful as we ate out one evening and brought food back.
The grounds looked well kept and the bowling alley next door didn’t really disturb us in the hotel. The breakfast in the morning could have been improved upon, but folks were eating it. Even if the sausage and eggs were rubbery, it’s always good to start the day with juice coffee and fruit, which was available.
There is a pool at this hotel, but the gate was locked and since it was January I really wasn’t too interested in going in for a dip. I would recommend this place to others. It was a good place for the money.

Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010

I got into town late and a friend had made the reservation for me. The clerk was very helpful and polite. I think his name was William, but I was tired and just wanted to get to the room.

Once I got there, I was impressed. I typically stay at the Hotel Sierra in Rancho Cordova when I travel for work and hold that as a benchmark. This hotel was in the same league, though quite a bit smaller. The room was average size, but the bathroom was on the small side. I wasn't holding a party in there, so it wasn't an issue. I read another review about the toilet. It was absolutely true. The flush sounded like a rocket taking off and it was over in less than a second. No a big deal, but funny that someone else noticed.

There were several fast food places, taco shops and restaurants close by. Worked out perfect for me. The location isn't the greatest, but I didn't have any problems. I arrived as the bowling alley next door was closing. There were some people in the parking lot who were quite proud of their car audio systems. Other than a little noise, it was a noce place to stay, though I was only there for 10 hours.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Calgary, AB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2009

Booked this hotel in Moreno Valley with my Priority Points. I was impressed. A room that looked brand new (must be renovated). decent breakfast and very good staff. There are some comments on this site about how great the staff is and I agree. The only downside to this hotel is that it isn't in the best area, but whatever. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Moreno Valley? Share your experiences!