“Keep driving” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 9 hotels in Moreno Valley
Los Angeles, California
“Keep driving”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Where to start? Strong chemical smell in the room, no heat or A/C (slept with portable heater), WI-FI will make you wish for dial-up, bathroom has sticky floors, cracked tub, stained towels, and you have this uneasy feeling that if you venture outside you might need police back-up. I will spend the extra few dollars to stay at the Ayres or keep driving a little longer.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

169 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
MORENO VALLEY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Throughout our travels, we have stayed at many places. However staying at the Best Western was the best experience ever. Our room looked remodeled with hardwood flooring, granite shower and counters.Our room and beds were beautifully made and decorated. Made us feel right at home. The entire front desk staff, breakfast staff, and of course housekeeping gave the best service ever, hence the name Best Western. My husband and I love coffee so the bottomless coffee was an added plus. We took advantage of every amenity offered. The pool and spa, laundry room, and even the ice maker was continuously clean and well maintained. We also enjoyed the variety of food for breakfast when we could get up on time. Our room was always stocked with everything we ever needed. Towels galore, no stinginess there.

Terri S.

Room Tip: Make staff aware of children travelling with adults because it seems to help with where to place fam...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Rancho Cucamonga, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My son and I were in town for a wrestling tournament. Check in was quick. The room has 2 full size beds with hardwood floors. It felt cleaner than carpet! The place was clean. The flat screen television and remote worked. The shower felt great! I made myself a cup of coffee in the morning using the coffee maker. It had a refrigerator and microwave. I slept well on the first floor. The only downer was that we could hear the guests above walking around the room at 2 a.m. for a while, but once they went to bed I was a goner. The bed was very comfortable. The room had a wall ac/heating unit which was very quiet. The hotel is next to the 60 freeway, so I would ask for a room away from traffic, which we had. Did not hear a thing but the aforementioned guest. Great sleep, woke up feeling refreshed. Great place to stay if you're in Moreno Valley.

Room Tip: Ask for an interior room...quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
El Cajon, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

As we were on the road me and my wife where still pretty indecisive about staying at my moms place for Thanksgiving Eve. I was really focus on driving, I mean I have to be since I have in my hands the lives of my adorable wife and son. Just as I was about to exit off the off-ramp I hear my wife shout look that place, it looks very nice and illuminated, we have to stop by before we get to your mothers house to make up our minds don't you think?, she ask, sure I said. So we did and boy was she amaze to see a nice decent hotel all illuminated at the end of the cult-da-sac....so we parked and headed towards the lobby. The front desk lady greeted us with a warm welcome and right away we felt like at home, very accommodating and helpful really impressed about this property, with that being said we both agree and decided to make our reservation right away. Our room was very clean, spacious and comfortable. Everything was quiet around us, and everything worked inside the room, no hassle what so ever. It has a fridge and microwave which was just what we need for our baby's formula and water, both were clean and in working condition. while I was getting our luggage from the car, my wife and son took over the flat screen TV on a really comfy king bed. The wood flooring was spectacular just like our own personal living room. My wife loved the decor of the room, she definitely got ideas for our home. I'm definitely coming back and staying here. The breakfast buffet is convenient and adequate with several hot items. Location is spectacular, a short 5 minute drive to my moms house.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
perris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

The best western lives up to their name, the best. I asked for extra towels to be In my room and when I got there they were there. The room was amazing. Their cable sucked though. But overall i loved it

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bestwestmorenovalley, Manager at BEST WESTERN Moreno Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for taking some of your most valuable time to write a review based on your personal experienced here at our hotel.

It is wonderful knowing that our guest’s expectations have been met. We will continue working hard to full-fill each and every guest’s expectations at the time of check in and throughout your stay. Our main objective is to actively create special experiences and keep a smile on our guests, therefore every detail counts. We will be there when they need us, for something as simple as requesting extra towels to the more complex request. We will try to accommodate you in every way possible.

Thank you for your appreciation and don’t forget we are here to serve you.

GM, Best Western Moreno Hotel & Suites
Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I will start by saying that I travel on business probably 30% of the year. As such, I stay at many hotels over the course of the year, and generally do not post reviews. This was such a bad experience that I felt that I needed to let other travelers know about this property. I generally give my business to a Hilton or Marriott property, but had a short 2 night stay that I needed to book in a town with not a lot of choices. I chose this property over a Holiday Inn Express, and it was a bad choice.

I reserved 3 rooms for 2 nights each. At check-in, I was told that the hotel takes a $100 deposit per room, which I commented on as being something that I don't see during my normal business travel. The desk attendant simply said this was the hotel policy, and continued the check-in process. As I walked to the room, I saw that every room had a door accessible from the outside, which I am not fond of. My room did not have a functioning shower, another room in my block had a non functioning heater/air conditioner. The ice machines did not work, the power outlets in one room did not work, and the walkway outside the rooms was cracked and buckling. This is simply an old property with some cosmetic attempts to freshen it.

Despite the items above, we stayed for the 2 nights without complaining. It retrospect, that was a mistake. However, my real issue with the hotel came at check out. I generally leave a property on my departure date without calling or stopping by the front desk. I have not had an issue with this in 18 years of business travel. Luckily, I was suspicious enough of this hotel to call prior to leaving the property. When I informed them that I had 3 rooms checking out, I was told the I needed to come to the front desk with my parking passes and all room keys, or there would be a charge for each key not returned. I was absolutely amazed by this. These were standard plastic mag stipe key cards, why would there be a fee for not returning them? Especially given that most people just leave them in the room? I was very unhappy to hear this, and told the attendant on the phone that I would not pay this fee. She argued with me stating the she checked me in, and had informed me of this policy. I responded that she had informed me of the deposit they were taking,and that I had questioned that, but I was absolutely certain she had not mentioned this ridiculous key charge. She was beyond rude, and when I asked to speak to manager, she said one was not available. I was basically hung up on. I ended up going to the front desk to get a duplicate key to get into the room that had already been vacated so that I could get the keys that were inside. After wasting time doing this, and going through a very long check-out process, another attendant decided to "waive" the fee for the one plastic key that was missing. I suspect that it was because I had told them that I would initiate a charge-back on the entire bill for the 3 rooms if they chose to charge me for a missing plastic key card.

I have been home for a few days, and am still upset about what a poorly run property this is. I will be calling the Best Western corporate offices to complain. Again, something I have never done in 18 years of business travel. I would highly discourage anyone thinking about staying at this property from doing so. There simply has to be a better property in the area to stay at.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
bestwestmorenovalley, Manager at BEST WESTERN Moreno Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for taking some of your valuable time on writing a review on your stay at our hotel.

Please accept our apologies for all the inconveniences you experienced throughout your stay. We are truly sorry that we did not full fill all your expectations but do guarantee that we take all of our guests’ experiences and make changes to prevent it from happening again.

You mentioned that you travel throughout the year and usually give your business to Hilton and Marriott properties and we appreciate that you had given us the opportunity to host your stay. Please take in consideration that there are many hotel chains in the market, each one having different hotel policies, some of them you might not be accustomed to. Unfortunately, one of our hotel policies is requiring a deposit, which is refundable at check-out. This deposit is not an actual charge but a pending hold on your credit card that gets released at the time of check out. Most hotels use a pending hold for a determined amount that would cover any incidentals, such as telephone charges, vending charges and any other occurring fees. It is surprising that as you had mentioned, as a frequent traveler, are not familiar with, yet. As we understand, other hotels in the area also require a deposit when checking in, so perhaps even booking elsewhere you would have encountered the same policy.

As far as our outside rooms go, our hotel is designed in a way that some room entrances are towards the outside, with easy access to the parking lot and other rooms that are towards the inside of the hotel. While most guests prefer an outside room for obvious reasons, we did not see any special requests from your party when reservations were booked or at checking in.

As a valued customer, when issues come up with any of our rooms, we highly recommend that you report it immediately to the front desk so we can address any issues right away. Keep in mind that our top priority is our guests’ satisfaction and we work hard to full fill our guests’ expectations. We believe that no guest should have to experience any issues during their stay as they are the ones paying for our hospitality. As a result of having ignored the problems or by not reporting any issues to our staff, it prevented you from having an enjoyable stay, and prevented us from the opportunity of resolving any issues and providing excellent service.

I would like to mention that when we read your reviews about the shower, the AC/Heater and the power outlets not working, our maintenance staff was sent to perform a full inspection and they were found to be working properly.
Our staff strives every day to provide our guests with superior hospitality and once we receive a report from a guest about a maintenance issue, we resolve it and prevent it from happening to other guests.

In addition, since we had a high occupancy at the time of your stay, our ice machines were constantly in use and temporarily running out of ice. It takes approximately 30minutes for the machines to replenish the ice.

We are truly sorry that you were upset due to the fact that we require all guests to return all room keys. We are concerned with our guests’ safety and personal property. We try to prevent any situation that can arise from a guest leaving the keys inside the room and accidentally leaving the door open or by not closing the door properly and having an outsider walk in the room causing damages and creating extra charges to the registered guest. As a guest, you are responsible for the room while it is registered to your name. We do understand that sometimes our guests misplace the room keys, however we can make an exception when we see our guests’ efforts in working with us by returning all room keys.

Our main objective is to make sure that every guest’s stay is memorable, comfortable and overall have a great experience. We have our Front Desk staff working 24 hours, 7 days a week to serve you in every situation and you are always welcome to take advantage of that.

GM, Best Western Moreno Hotel & Suites

Been to BEST WESTERN Moreno Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!