“1 night, horrible stay” 1 of 5 stars

The Regency Inn & Suites, Riverside
Save Saved
You added The Regency Inn & Suites, Riverside to your Saves list
The Regency Inn & Suites, Riverside
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   24810 Sunnymead Boulevard, Moreno Valley, CA 92553 (Formerly Regency Inn Moreno Valley)   |
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Moreno Valley
Long Beach, California
“1 night, horrible stay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed here only one night. Upon check-in the lady that helped us was RUDE from the time we walked in and seemed like she didn't know what she was doing. The next day, we get a knock at the door at 10a asking "why do we have the maid service sign on the door when we have to check-out at 11a" I told the same RUDE lady from check-in that we need more towels, she did not give us more towels all she kept saying is check-out is at 11a. My husband and myself got our stuff and got out of that horrible place. The room looks nothing like the photos, no amenities, and the bed is rock hard. Advice to others, pay a few extra dollars and stay somewhere down the street where I'm sure you will get better service.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Oakland, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Stay 1 nite, clean room - bed ok decent for price book on hotel.com
OK value

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2008

Ok, me and my hubby live a city over from this hotel. Yes they are guilty for putting up the wrong photo's of the rooms. But I will say this: The rooms are VERY VERY clean and still nice. Not suites like the pictures show but If your looking for a decent clean room to just get away or have family coming down for a visit and need to stay somewhere quiet and safe this Is your place. Me an dmy hubby use regency for nights away on several occasions. Believe me its not NEARLY as bad as the other reviews are saying.

• Liked — Its VERY CLEAN! The furniture is very descent to!!
  • Disliked — The pool Is rather small. Not somewhere I would want to stay during the summer months!
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta, GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2007

If I could give this establishment a negative score, I would gladly do so. As the other reviews have indicated: the service is horrendous, the "amenities" are non-existent, and the room rates fluctuate mysteriously (i.e., deceptively low rates are offered until you actually arrive at the front desk). When I stayed here, I was treated with utter disrespect by the manager (Gary Pak). I had a dispute about a misquoted room rate, and when I inquired about this discrepancy, Gary began yelling at me as if I was a criminal. I've never been treated this poorly by a service organization, and I can only hope that this review will prevent others from enduring similar abuse. The bottom line is simple. Do not trust anything this establishment tells you. There are plenty of trustworthy establishments down the road from this place, and I *strongly* suggest you contact them instead.

• Liked — Initially, I liked its low price. HOWEVER, the "low price" was a lie that was used to deceive potential customers (or should I say "victims") into coming to the front desk.
  • Disliked — The service... or more accurately: the complete lack thereof!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2007

In general did not live up to what was portrayed on the website; no coffee in the morning...none on the extras business travelers expect.

• Disliked — unfriendly staff, no coffee in the am, blankets smelled like smoke was suppose to be non-smoking
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2006

We booked a week at the Regency, based on the pictures etc on this hotels website - it looked very inviting

However when we got there, it was not what it claimed to be - bed was rickety, towels were small and hard, no spa and the breakfast consisted of stale pastries and coffee, nothing else - certainly nothing close to the ad. We had to go to Denny's next door for a decent breakfast

We certainly won't be staying there again

• Stayed March 2006

Been to The Regency Inn & Suites, Riverside? Share your experiences!