“Great Food, Terrible Service!” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #62 of 212 Restaurants in Moreno Valley
Cuisines: Seafood
Moreno Valley, California
“Great Food, Terrible Service!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Have eaten here twice. The food has always been First Class! Enjoy everything on the Menu. The First time I went with co workers, the owner brought us each a fresh Churro. Flat out the Best Churro I've had in my life! I definitely Recommend the Churros with your meal! However, the service is some of the worst I've ever had on both visits. It takes the waitresses/waiters at least 20 minutes to come over and take your drink orders. Then your food sits on the out bar while the waitress/waiter chats with their friends. Finally when you do get your food, the waiters/waitresses have poor attitudes as if you're bothering them by coming in at all. I would recommend something for takeout but not dine in.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Riverside, California
“Taco's are very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

This place has Taco tues ($1 street taco's) your choice of ground beef, chicken or carnitas. They offer chips & salsa with dinner or drinks. They also have for hh $3 margaritas and $2 beers. Margaritas were less desirable, the flavor wasn't good and I don't even think that had very much tequila...Maybe there will get better at making them someday. Ps my favorite taco was the carnitas and second would be the chicken but I haven't tried all they have to offer.

Visited January 2013
Moreno Valley, California
“Sinaloa & Nayarit elements enhance the Mexican flavor at Don Patron's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Located near a movie theatre off Towngate Blvd and Heritage Wy adjacent to the Moreno Valley Mall, I found Don Patron's ("the boss") to be a very bright, clean and cheerful restaurant with a different menu that emphasized a more traditional Mexican fare, especially with sea food reflecting elements of regional cuisine from the Mexican states of Sinaloa and Nayarit.

Our host, owner "Israel" explained all about the tempting mariscos (sea food) that included local recipes for shrimp, octopus, crab, abalone and the standard fishes. Topped by a tasty salsa with incredible personality, I thoroughly enjoyed my traditional whole fish - head and all - Nayarit style, washed down with... what else ... cerveza Pacifico from Mazatlan while vivid Norteña or Ranchero music entertained us.

Coke products were served, no Pepsi. The waitresses were friendly and always on the ball. Parking was plentiful and the bathrooms were sparkling. I noticed that Sunday that many Latino families were patronizing Don Padron. Bottom line: With many Mexican places to choose from in Moreno Valley, this one stands out for service, cleanliness and regional variety. I recommend you give it a try.

Bottom line:

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere