“Great, fast, Mexican” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mexican
“Great, fast, Mexican”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

This little place is always clean, always quick, and the food is really tasty.

Moreno Valley, California
“A make it your way Mexican Grill”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

I have wanted to go here ever since it opened up. So finally I decided to go pick up some for my family after some co-workers raved about this place. The place was empty except for 1 couple who was ordering. I walked up the aisle long entrance way to the front where you order and the menu is hanging on the wall. I noticed that the people in front of me where ordering and they were making it the way they wanted it. I thought thats really cool!! It was really hard to read the menu because you are standing so far to the left and the lighting makes it very hard to see alot of whats on the menu. I ordered as I went walking down the line so I could read all of the menu. They made it as I wanted. They ask what kind of meat, if any at all you wanted, what beans (black, or pinto) you want (if any at all) then what condiments you wanted. I had declared many times to the workers that this was my first time here and wasnt sure what my choices were. The kid that was making my food said you have a choice of all this. He spread out his arms in front of him to show me that all the green, red, and yellow colors is what I had a choice from. Which didnt really help much because I had no idea what any of the sauces where at all. I knew the cheese, sour cream, and pico de gallo so I chose those as the safe thing. It was a nice trendy make it your way Mexican Grill. The staff was personable but not very helpful. The price is high for what you get. I doubt seriously that we will be going back.
We ordered the Gumbo, Nachos, Tacos, Quesadilla, and Taco Salad. All where accompanied with grilled chicken as the meat. The gumbo my boyfriend said was just alright. I had them but pico de gallo, cheese and sour cream on top. He said it really didnt have that much flavor to it and the rice was alright. The nachos were nothing fantastic. The cheese sauce was runny and had no flavor. The chips were nice and crispy, that was the highlight of this dish. Then the 3 grilled chicken soft tacos that I chose were good. The flour tortillas were steamed and fresh. The grilled chicken had great flavor. I am sure if I knew what some of those sauces were they would have added that much more to the taco. The taco salad was just an average salad in a crisp tortilla shell. I ordered a small "naked" taco salad w/ grilled chicken. It was on their Craft 2 Menu. It came without the fried shell but all the same ingredients. It wasnt fantastic but just your average salad. Like I said maybe had I known what some of those sauces were it would have added so much more flavor.
To tell you what their Craft 2 Menu is: there are 10 items on the list that you can choose from. You may pick 2 from the menu for $6.49. They are much smaller portions but you get the same chooses as their larger versions. I am assuming you can get anything "naked" if you are watching your waistline. I guess you just need to ask them point blank questions there to get what you want.

• Visited February 2012