“What a Diner” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #47 of 197 Restaurants in Moreno Valley
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: This full-service, breakfast, lunch and dinner restaurant, owned & operated by the Benitez family has served travelers to Moreno Valley, and locals, for over 15 years. Their phone number is 951-485-1240 but there is no internet site for them. They serve beer and offer take out. They have the best pancakes in the whole city of Moreno Valley, even superior to the IHOP in town. They share the property with a Holiday Inn Express and are close to other motels and near freeway interchanges. They deserve to be listed on TripAdvisor as a suitable eatery for locals and visitors alike. Thanks. MonkeyOnTheWing (Michael McCoy)
“What a Diner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Arturo was our waiter and he was so Customer Focus. He anticipated our needs. In addition he was so attentive and listen and echo our request. He discovered we were from out of town and he made some great recommendation In addition he checked on us to ensure that everything was to our liking. I moving to Moreno Vallley and I promise this place will be at least a weekly occurrence and I will be friends and family to this diner. I can' wait to sample Taco Tuesday.

Visited May 2012

California
“2 stars at best”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

I will keep this review short as this restaurant did not leave any lasting impression on me. Not much going on here, really... Place is somewhat clean but boring; the red/yellow diner theme was not appealing for me (SEE PIC). Servers are actually nice (hence the 2 stars) but unattentive. Food? Highly and easily forgettable. I noticed that they do have a lot of variety in their menu. A mixture of Mexican dishes to Denny's/IHOP wanna-be dishes. We ordered.... I don't remember! Seriously! And I was just there 2 weeks ago?! (Thinking hard) All I remembered was their fruit was soggy - blech! Price vs. portion are pretty much average.

2 stars at best! And I'm being very very generous.

Visited February 2012
Moreno Valley, California
“Best flapjacks in town, at Brandon's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Known to locals as the former Millie's, Brandon's now serves motel guests next door, Moreno Valley civic clubs and various locals hungry for Ameri- can and Mexican food. Breakfast is served all day and their amazing, skillet-sized Special Flapjacks are superior to any in town, made with mixed flour, melt-in-your-mouth batters and having a pourous, syrup-absorbing 'skin', rather than those leathery ones from IHOP.

Brandon's service is very friendly and swift. The restrooms and parking are adequate. It is close to the Perris Blvd interchange off State Frwy 60. There is a small gift shop near the door. Beer and wine are served. Lunch and dinner offerings are fresh and hearty, and the restaurant is known for its 'gigantuan' portions.

Bottom line: Brandon's is very accom- modating to all tastes at all times despite being next door to a motel. No surprises here except for overall quality and service being Very Good.

• Visited October 2011