“Great Breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Chipping Norton
“Great Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We used this hotel as a stopover before our flight back from LA. It is a good hotel. The breakfast offers many choices especially their omlette station where you could choose your omlette which is cooked while you wait. The wifi signal in our room was weak. So if wifi is important as it was for us then do not stay there. I recommend dining at Olive Garden restaurant which is within walking distance.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

338 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Riverside, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I want to thank the Ayres Hotel & Spa in Moreno Valley for another wonderful nights stay. If you ever need a GREAT hotel to stay in if you are in the area IT IS WELL WORTH IT!!! Ayres Moreno Valley has friendly professional and helpful staff who are always there to assist you no matter what you need. Their service is OUTSTANDING!!! Our experience was perfect from the beginning to the end! Thanks again for a GREAT experience!! Can't wait to stay their again !!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there for a night during a 2 day car show in the area. We booked a LOT of rooms. Everybody was very happy with our experience.. The staff was very nice and helpful. We spent a long night in the bar and had a great time. The breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed March 2013
Phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had never heard of Ayres before but stayed when doing research at the National Archives near by. When checking in we were informed to bring our breakfast coupon with us to get breakfast, that the code for the wireless was on the keycard holder, and how to use the energy saving device in the room. The service was prompt, professional, and friendly. Delores helped provide us with dining suggestions. The breakfast was amazing with fresh fruit salad, eggs and omelettes to order, and a wide variety of options. The rooms were clean and well-appointed.
Ayres is right off the freeway, and in an area of the Inland Empire with shopping centers and several restaurant chains like Applebees, Outback, Olive Garden, Hometown Buffet, Wendys, and McDonalds, There is a place like Jamba Juice and a Starbucks also nearby, along with a shopping mall.
I have stayed a several hotels of this kind, but Ayres is far and above the best value. We only found this place because of a online hotel booking site, but we will make an effort to stay here when we can in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Moreno Valley, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My husband chose this hotel because he has stayed at Ayres properties in the past, and has always enjoyed his stays. Aside from their very nice amenities, they also pride themselves on their customer service extended to their guests. My stay left me wondering if their customer service was really "all that". Here's what happened to me: I checked in for a break from the disruption of construction-work at my home ( about 5 miles away) hoping to use the time to do some much-need paperwork, and using my laptop. First problem, no one on staff that evening knew to tell me I needed an Ayres password to get online. It took my husband driving over to the hotel and working with me to figure out that that was all I needed to connect. Okay, no big deal, but still I ended up with a couple of hours of downtime trying to figure it out before my husband "rescued" me.

The next morning I made the mistake of going down for breakfast without my breakfast coupon. I didn't realize it was still in my room (third-floor, end of corridor) until the food preparer asked for it after preparing my meal. I made a second mistake when I went to the front desk to ask for a coupon, letting the attendant know that I had mistakenly left mine in my room, that my meal was already prepared, that I had my ID with me to show for verification, and that I didn't really want to go all the way back to my room for the original. Her response was a polite " We can't give you one. You'll have to go get the one in your room". "Don't worry, your food will still be warm when you get back". And, "our breakfast is so good that people come in from the street to try getting it free". I explained again that I was a guest, a female staying alone, and if she looked in her computer she could easily verify that. She was insistent that she couldn't nor wouldn't. I was too hungry to argue the point any further, so I made the trip back to my room, retrieved the coupon, and returned to the breakfast-area, now armed with the required credential to be served. As I passed by the corridor, the same attendant saw me and gave me a "thumbs-up" for my effort. That, after pretty-much telling me that I was too untrustworthy to be given a replacement coupon (after all, I could have been "one of them" that try getting free breakfast because the food is so good).

I later called down (reluctantly, after the breakfast incident) to extend my stay by a day, and was told by the same front desk person that I needed to come down to the lobby in order to do that, and to bring my credit-card as well as appropriate ID with me. I asked, "surely you're kidding, right?" She wasn't, even though she had all the relevant info already in her computer, but silly me, I went back down, in order to comply.

When I returned to my room I called hubby to let him know what had happened. He was not only surprised, but also disappointed in Ayres. He called corporate to find out if this was standard procedure, was directed to the voice-mail of the President of the company, Mr. Roos, and received a call back from Bruce (?). My husband told him of my service that morning, and left it to Mr. Bruce (?) to "handle" in whatever fashion Mr. Bruce (?) felt was needed. My husband asked for NOTHING, other than an explanation. There was very little response from Mr. Bruce (?) other than to say that he was "taking notes". He asked no questions of my husband. None.

I checked out the next morning, and never heard from the on-site manager, Mr. Jason Ward, nor was there any indication that my grievances were taken seriously at all. We never heard back from Mr. Bruce (?), nor anyone with the Ayres organization. I can't imagine this would have been the response if it were a competitive hospitality-chain. And, according to my husband, not even remotely CLOSE to what most folk's perception of the Ayres customer-service represents. But, it looks like, perhaps, someone just "dropped the ball" on this one. At least I'd like to think that. We both are very disappointed in not hearing back from anyone in the organization. And, sInce I never heard back from them, just be forewarned: DON'T forget your breakfast coupon, ASK for the password for Internet access, and be PREPARED to go to the front-desk, if you decide to extend your stay. All little things that individually, may not mean much, but collectively can mean a lot to someone who's been told to expect "exceptional service", and it just didn't happen. How unfortunate, because in the process and result, they lost two guests.

Room Tip: If you end up in a corner or near corner-room, and worse if on an upper-floor, make SURE you DON'...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
AyresHotels, Corporate Director of Revenue & Marketing at Ayres Hotel & Spa Moreno Valley, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Helen -

Please allow me to apologize for the service issues you experienced. These issues are in no way indicative of our hotel collection and we are deeply sorry for the inconveniences you experienced. The General Manager has taken the time to reinforce with the Front Desk the proper responses in situations like this that will be most accommodating to the guest. We would like to look into the situation further and invite you to respond the the direct message that was sent. Again, we apologize for this situation and look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Matt Hildebrant
Corporate Director of Revenue & Marketing
Independence, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

This is one of the cleanest, most comfortable hotel we have ever stayed in. The employees were beyond informative and helpful. I am very picky about where I stay and do not compliment so easily. Our room price was very low because we went through an online reservation agency (Expedia). But the quality was beyond words.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel & Spa Moreno Valley, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear terrisutton -

Thank you so much for your very kind review of our hotel. We are always happy to learn we have made such a great impression on a guest. Any time a guest provides positive feedback, we are elated. When you next visit, feel free to give us a call and book directly for the best rates. Thank you again for your recommendation.

Regards,

Jason Ward
Pleasanton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We visit Riverside frequently because our daughter is in college there. We love staying at the Ayres because of their people! The rooms are nice, the breakfast is delicious, but the people really make the difference.

Room Tip: The corner king-bed rooms are a bit more money, but the extra space is worth it!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel & Spa Moreno Valley, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear John -

You are so kind. Thank you very much for your continued patronage and for telling the world about our hotel. I am fortunate enough to work with amazing team and each person who makes up a part of it loves his/her job and making sure guests are taken care of very well. I will be sure to pass along your comments to them. We are grateful for your review and look forward to your next visit.

Safe travels,

Jason Ward

Been to Ayres Hotel & Spa Moreno Valley? Share your experiences!