“Pleasantly surprised” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   23090 Sunnymead Blvd, Moreno Valley, CA 92553   |
A TripAdvisor Member
“Pleasantly surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Everything was great about this location. The building is very new, and it feels clean and very new. The man who checked me in was very professional, friendly, and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights, in mid July. It was an ok property. I checked in, around noon, but had had to gain the attention of the young lady who was on here phone in the back room. The room was decent with a king size bed and plenty of pillows. The shampoos and soaps were ok. I did enjoy the large LED/plasma tv with Directv. It is a pleasure having a channel guide and not trying to figure out in a strange town what channels are what. The room had a good sized fridge and a microwave, another great thing to have when staying more than a night or two. Towels were also of a good quality. The room was fairly clean, but did have some strange long black hairs on the floor in the bathroom the hallway to the main living area. I have neither long nor black hair, so I know they weren't mine, and I am easily grossed out by stray hairs. The shower had good pressure but the drain was slow and at the end of the shower I was standing in soapy water. The room was very quiet with very little noise. I usually choose not to have my room cleaned during my stay, and the staff did abide by the do not disturb on the door. I had plenty of towels to make it through 5 days of showers.The breakfast area was small and simple but adequate. I did not use wake up calls at all, and besides checking out had very little interaction with the staff, but I did have to gain the clerk's attention, again distracted with the cell phone in the back room, to get my bill for check out. The one thing that bothered my was cleanliness of the elevator. It sounds weird but, it was dirty. There were hand prints and smudges all over the inside and they stayed there all week. It made me wonder what else wasn't to clean. The AC in the room was also super loud, to the point I had to crank up the sound on the tv. Hopefully I didn't disturb my neighbors. It was a decent room, for the rate I received (75 bucks,plus tax) and very convenient to a few restaurants within walking distance of the nearby mall.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Elgin, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

We stayed here for one night as our son was in a soccer tournament. It has only been opened for a couple of years so everything still has that new look and feel to it. Our room was immaculately clean with enough room for the four of us. The kids used the indoor swimming pool which was the only disappointment as it is very small. There was added excitement when the smoke alarms went off early that evening, and we all assembled outside in the carpark at the back of the property. Two fire trucks arrived and after we were given the all clear we went back in. The members of staff handled it all very well it has to be said. Infact all members of staff I encountered we're extremely friendly, polite and helpful! There is a number of restaurants in walking distance (Chilis, BJs, Five Guys Burgers). Plus you can order room service if you don't want to venture out.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

This hotel was the nicest LQ I've ever seen or stayed at (and I've stayed at close to a dozen). It's only 2 years old and looks modern, clean, fresh. The furniture is modern and the bed was very comfy. Anna at the front desk was very helpful in directing me to dinner options. Breakfast was good. I used the fitness center, which was nothing special, but better than nothing. I used the business center to print also. No complaints. If business takes me back to the area, I'd definitely stay at this LQ again. Amazing value for the money.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

We have stayed at this La Quinta 3 times and every time it has been excellent. Nice room, good tv and channels, great for those travelling with pets and very comfortable. Terrific value.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Stayed here on business for a few weeks. From check in to check out, the staff was very nice, the area is great and close to so many restaurants, a mall, movie theaters, all within 1 or 2 miles! Breakfast was good, but ran out a lot of times. Bed very comfortable. Very accommodating and accepting of pets of all sizes. I really don't have anything significantly bad to say! And the full satellite DirecTV channels were a definite plus!
I agree with the other reviewer that the hotel next door looks very sketchy, but luckily I was on the 3rd floor and felt very safe

Room Tip: Get room on 2nd or 3rd floor