“Great food but terrible service!” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 160 Restaurants in Monterey Park
Cuisines: Italian
California
“Great food but terrible service!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

I live the pizza at Bollinis Pizzeria!! However, the service is terrible. One needs to flag the waiter several times to get refills or for dirty dishes to be removed. The male waiter is rude and lacks social skills. I'd like to return for the food but the service makes me think about it twice. Not a smart business. The owner needs to make immediate changes to assure his loyal customers return.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Monterey Park, California, United States
“Horrible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Horrible experience. I can't believe the experience i've just had. Today is my birthday & my brother was taking me out for dinner & I suggested Bollinis..... Worst decision ever! First of all we walked in & there were many tables available . We asked to sit on a certain table (which seated 4) which was the number of our party but he said that was for a large party.... really? Anyways we were seated but did'nt get any menus even though the table next to us( which was seated after us) already had menus. We finally got our menus. We ordered the Arugula salad but they didn't have it. We ordered the Whole roasted chicken but they didn't have it. We ordered the special of the night( Seafood Risotto with Swordfish) but they didn't have it. My husband said we should leave but I convinced him to support small local business. Big mistake. We finally asked if they had the 20 0z Rib Eye. Yes! They said they had 2 left . I asked him to hold one for us until we were ready to order (just in case they ran out). 10 minutes later we were ready to order but they bring us the Rib Eye before anyone else actually ordered. Could not believe it! Who brings a dish before anyone else on the table orders. This place is apparently not at all about customer service. Absolutely clueless. We then order our dishes which were good but about 20 minutes too late but still tasty. We also order a bottle of wine (Super Tuscan) which on the menu shows up as $21. When we got our bill they charge us $45 for the Super Tuscan. Apparently they have 2 Super Tuscans on the wine list..... so deceiving. When we complained about that the server (who was also the cook & manager) said "well I was just doing you the favor of bringing you the wine". I couldn't believe my ears! We went to pay for our bill & my husband was trying to tell the manager what was the problem. Why were they treating us this way. Meanwhile the cooks were yelling "Shut up". Apparently customers can't complain about the service. After about 5 minutes the police walk in. Really you call the police! We spoke with the police and explained about our service and whole experience. They understood & just said to never give this establishment your business again. Exactly never again! Everyone around our table was disgusted with their service also. People were getting up and getting their own drinks because they were tired of waiting. It's too bad because this place was great but apparently are getting too big for their britches & forgetting who has helped them grow!

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Authentic wood-burning oven from Italy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

The owner-chef appears to love sharing the experience of Italian cuisine. The photos on the walls attest to his travels in Italy. The menu offers splendid salads and delicious thin-crust pizzas prepared the old-fashion way. Do leave your hearing aids at home; the extremely high noise level in the cramped space renders meaningful conversation moot. Briefly, if you love to eat but hate to talk, come here and buon appetito!

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Monterey Park, California
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

Good job Chris you have the best pizzeria ever. Your service is wonderfull

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Los Angeles, California
“Wonderful Wood Fired Oven and Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

The thin crust on these great pizzas adds to the flavor mix of fresh toppings, and the smoke from the wood burning oven. The place usually has a contingent of the cops and firefighters who work in the area, and that's one of the best endorsements that you can get; these guys know good food and a good value. The staff is super friendly and I have always walked out happy with my meal. The only downer is that they open for lunch at 11:30, and no earlier, so if you're on a tight lunch schedule and have to be back in the office at noon, you'd better get your lunch "to go".

• Visited January 2012