“Clean & Quiet Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Markland Hotel

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Markland Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Markland Hotel
3.5 of 5 Motel   |   434 Potrero Grande Dr, Monterey Park, CA 91755-7324 (Formerly Monterey Park Days Inn and Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Monterey Park
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
“Clean & Quiet Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

We stayed here on our first day arrival in LAX for one night and on our 7th day for four nights after returning from our road trip in Las Vegas and San Francisco.

The hotel is located about 10-15 minutes away from the City Center, which is convenient to get here if you have your own car. In our case, we rented a car so it is convenient to get around. Our check in was speedy, plenty of parking provided in their basement level P1 and P2. The room was spacious enough for both of us, we really like the huge king size bed, it could fit 3 people. There is a desk where I can use my laptop, coffee maker in the room and most importantly the room is clean. Even though the hotel looks old, it looked as if the whole place is maintained very well. The complimentary breakfast had a fair selection: waffles, toast, different types of pastries, sausage/bacon, hard boiled egg, cereals, oatmeals and rice porridge.

Around the hotel there is a Walmart, Macy's and Ross just 5 minutes away.

We had a problem with the newspaper vending machine located just outside the lobby, the housekeeping staff was so helpful, she tried to get the machine to refund our money and at last one of the reception staff gave us coins to try again. This small gesture really impressed us as this was not even part of their job to assist us.

We would definitely return to stay at this hotel again if we come back to LA.

Room Tip: Room number 327 was at the end of the corridor and quiet
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
BWMarkland, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Markland Hotel, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Mr. or Ms. Muddie86,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am glad you found our hotel to your liking. We try our best in making sure each and every guest is as comfortable as possible and to do that, we value reviews such as yours to ensure we keep everything in exceptional condition. I am glad to head that our staff was able to assist you in getting your newspaper.

If you decide to stay in the Los Angeles area again, please do not hesitate in contacting us directly at (323) 887-1988 or email us at marklandhotel@yahoo.com so we can continue to provide you with a stellar experience.

115 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Rohnert Park, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

I stayed for one night and I would go again to recharge my batteries and get on with my day. No problems of any kind or even the littlest expectations. I was greeted with a very nice smile and another one on the way out the door. Loved the SPA bath tub after a long long road trip. Thanks again folks!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Mr. Curtis C.,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am glad you had a wonderful stay at our property. Our goal is to make sure everyone is as comfortable as possible and I am glad we were able to do that for you.

If you happen to stop by the Los Angeles area, whether it be for a vacation or simply just a quick stop, please do not hesitate in contacting us directly at (323) 887-1988 or email us at marklandhotel@yahoo.com so we can once again provide you with the comfort and service you deserve.

Los Angeles, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

When we checked in the AC/heating unit was unplugged and after plugging it back in we couldn't get it started. We called downstairs and the person who responded sent somebody up to reset it. Problem solved quickly although it was 9pm. Breakfast had variety and was plentiful. If you can you might want to ask for a 3d (top) floor room since there seems to be no noise insulation between floors. The walls of the elevator seemed a bit dirty but the room was large, clean, and well furnished. In all a very good value.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Mr. Charles L,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I apologize if the AC unit caused you problems during your stay. The AC units are cleaned regularly and housekeepers are required to unplug them first due to proper procedure. I am glad we were able to help you solve the problem quickly at such a late hour. The condition of the walls on the elevators have been brought up to management to review as well.

Nonetheless, I am glad you enjoyed your room with us. If you happen to be in the area, please feel free to contact us directly at (323) 887-1988 or email us at marklandhotel@yahoo.com so we can accommodate you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

I love this hotel! This was my first stay at a Best Western and they treated me amazing. My room had a patio so you can enjoy all the beautiful weather. The staff was great the from the beautiful, kind ladies at the front all the way to the really nice and respectful management. Great people ensuring a great stay. I would recommend this to people looking for a great place away from the hustle and bussle of the city.

• Stayed February 2014
BWMarkland, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Markland Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear David,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at our hotel! We welcome and appreciate the feedback as it helps us improve and provide a better experience for future guests.

I am glad that your stay with us was a pleasant one, and if there is anything we can do to improve, please let us know. We hope to see you again soon!
Pasadena, California, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Booked this hotel online and was not informed of the $100 deposit. When I explained that I didn't get a hold placed on my card before, the check in guy basically accused me of lying because he "has been at the hotel for 4 years and that's always been the policy". Because of him, I most likely will NOT be back at this hotel just for his poor attitude.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWMarkland, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Markland Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Brittany,

I would like to first thank you for reviewing your stay at our property. And I also would like to apologize for your unpleasant encounter. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

I apologize that you were not informed about the incidental deposit upon booking the reservation. However, this is an industry standard that nearly all hotels (and car rental places) take part in to protect our/their assets. We disclose to our guests that we are pre-authorizing their cards so they are aware, and thus are not surprised if something appears on their online statements as pending. I apologize that the guest service agent was rude, and have spoken to him about it and he understands how it was inappropriate. He wanted me to offer you his sincerest apologies.

Again, I want stress how sorry I am that your stay with us was not up to your expectations. And we will be striving to improve so that our future guests will not encounter a similar situation.
Temple City, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

We were getting the floors done in our house and had to stay a couple of nights in a hotel, and I had some rewards points to use and this was the closest BW Plus that we could use. Not worth the actual price of a room though: Pros: Room was what you'd expect. It was up to Plus standard. Staff were great, Breakfast was good. Cons: WiFi, at least in our room did not quite make it. Elevator lobbies, and interior hallways were really old and they all smelled of cigarette smoke. Kinda gross. Not worth the price point that this hotel goes for.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Monterey Park hotels

Opelika, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Very dated. Needs lots of repairs. Water was standing in the lobby area of the parking garage entrance with water running down the elevator shaft. The lighting in the room was very dim. Musty smell in the room.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWMarkland, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Markland Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Madam,

I am very sorry that your stay at our property was not a pleasant one. We strive to provide our guests with great experience and excellent customer service. To that extent, it is obvious that we did not do that for you.

I am sorry that there was water in the garage's elevator entrance. A pipe had burst and we were in the process of repairing the pipe. However, as it was late at night we were unable to get the pipe repaired quickly. We were able to drain the water and fix the pipe the very next morning however. Again, I am sorry that you had to experience that during your stay.

I want to thank you for your comments as we will be using them to improve our property for future guests and their experiences. As such, I will be personally looking into the matter of the dim lighting and musty smell, and discuss a plan of action with my Head Housekeeper.

Again, I want to let you know that I am very sorry that your stay with us was not up to your expectations. And we will be striving to improve so that our future guests will not encounter a similar situation.

Been to BEST WESTERN Markland Hotel? Share your experiences!