“Good value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Markland Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN Markland Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Markland Hotel
3.5 of 5 Motel   |   434 Potrero Grande Dr, Monterey Park, CA 91755-7324 (Formerly Monterey Park Days Inn and Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Monterey Park
Los Angeles, United States
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

When we checked in the AC/heating unit was unplugged and after plugging it back in we couldn't get it started. We called downstairs and the person who responded sent somebody up to reset it. Problem solved quickly although it was 9pm. Breakfast had variety and was plentiful. If you can you might want to ask for a 3d (top) floor room since there seems to be no noise insulation between floors. The walls of the elevator seemed a bit dirty but the room was large, clean, and well furnished. In all a very good value.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWMarkland, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Markland Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Dear Mr. Charles L,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I apologize if the AC unit caused you problems during your stay. The AC units are cleaned regularly and housekeepers are required to unplug them first due to proper procedure. I am glad we were able to help you solve the problem quickly at such a late hour. The condition of the walls on the elevators have been brought up to management to review as well.

Nonetheless, I am glad you enjoyed your room with us. If you happen to be in the area, please feel free to contact us directly at (323) 887-1988 or email us at marklandhotel@yahoo.com so we can accommodate you.

Yours in Hospitality,
John A. Sindal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

I love this hotel! This was my first stay at a Best Western and they treated me amazing. My room had a patio so you can enjoy all the beautiful weather. The staff was great the from the beautiful, kind ladies at the front all the way to the really nice and respectful management. Great people ensuring a great stay. I would recommend this to people looking for a great place away from the hustle and bussle of the city.

• Stayed February 2014
BWMarkland, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Markland Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear David,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at our hotel! We welcome and appreciate the feedback as it helps us improve and provide a better experience for future guests.

I am glad that your stay with us was a pleasant one, and if there is anything we can do to improve, please let us know. We hope to see you again soon!
Pasadena, California, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Booked this hotel online and was not informed of the $100 deposit. When I explained that I didn't get a hold placed on my card before, the check in guy basically accused me of lying because he "has been at the hotel for 4 years and that's always been the policy". Because of him, I most likely will NOT be back at this hotel just for his poor attitude.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWMarkland, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Markland Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Brittany,

I would like to first thank you for reviewing your stay at our property. And I also would like to apologize for your unpleasant encounter. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

I apologize that you were not informed about the incidental deposit upon booking the reservation. However, this is an industry standard that nearly all hotels (and car rental places) take part in to protect our/their assets. We disclose to our guests that we are pre-authorizing their cards so they are aware, and thus are not surprised if something appears on their online statements as pending. I apologize that the guest service agent was rude, and have spoken to him about it and he understands how it was inappropriate. He wanted me to offer you his sincerest apologies.

Again, I want stress how sorry I am that your stay with us was not up to your expectations. And we will be striving to improve so that our future guests will not encounter a similar situation.
Temple City, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

We were getting the floors done in our house and had to stay a couple of nights in a hotel, and I had some rewards points to use and this was the closest BW Plus that we could use. Not worth the actual price of a room though: Pros: Room was what you'd expect. It was up to Plus standard. Staff were great, Breakfast was good. Cons: WiFi, at least in our room did not quite make it. Elevator lobbies, and interior hallways were really old and they all smelled of cigarette smoke. Kinda gross. Not worth the price point that this hotel goes for.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Monterey Park hotels

Opelika, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Very dated. Needs lots of repairs. Water was standing in the lobby area of the parking garage entrance with water running down the elevator shaft. The lighting in the room was very dim. Musty smell in the room.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWMarkland, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Markland Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Madam,

I am very sorry that your stay at our property was not a pleasant one. We strive to provide our guests with great experience and excellent customer service. To that extent, it is obvious that we did not do that for you.

I am sorry that there was water in the garage's elevator entrance. A pipe had burst and we were in the process of repairing the pipe. However, as it was late at night we were unable to get the pipe repaired quickly. We were able to drain the water and fix the pipe the very next morning however. Again, I am sorry that you had to experience that during your stay.

I want to thank you for your comments as we will be using them to improve our property for future guests and their experiences. As such, I will be personally looking into the matter of the dim lighting and musty smell, and discuss a plan of action with my Head Housekeeper.

Again, I want to let you know that I am very sorry that your stay with us was not up to your expectations. And we will be striving to improve so that our future guests will not encounter a similar situation.
las vegas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

This hotel is very economical. The breakfast is excellent in comparison to other best western. This is not a fancy place but very clean. The rooms are not old looking. The front staff, cleaning service and breakfast service are great! This is not a place for handicaps.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Tom,

I want to thank you for your positive review on your stay at our property. We take our guest's experience very seriously, and I am glad that you had a good one here.

I hope you will be staying with us again soon!
beijing, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

it is good for the rates, but the breakfast is nearly out when we get into there, and the staff told us no more for some food, but the location is very very good , convenient to get any freeways.it is good for the rates, but the breakfast is nearly out when we get into there, and the staff told us no more for some food, but the location is very very good , convenient to get any freeways.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN Markland Hotel? Share your experiences!