“Just Ducky” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 167 Restaurants in Monterey Park
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Duck House is a traditional Chinese Restaurant with a lot of creation and modern touch in it. Quality and presentation are our main focus. We started our business in 2003. Our Traditional Peking Duck is our Signature dish. Besides, we have different kind of creative dishes such as Konnyaku Salad, Filo Dough Jumbo Shrimp, BBQ Eel on Sticky rice, and Buddha Chicken, etc. We also do catering for Wedding, Birthday parties and Meeting too. Hope that we can show you a new adventure of Chinese Foods.
Modesto, California, Usa
“Just Ducky”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

The menu is amazing - entrees ranged from about $11 to upwards of $200. Lots of exotic stuff, like jelly fish heads (I passed on that one.) I was looking for a light dinner, and had sauteed shrimp with cucumber over white rice. Tasted great, maybe a little bland, and the portion was generous - I ate more than I intended to. Staff was very solicitous. A sign says no credit cards with orders under $20, but I used mine on a $16 dinner, and wasn't challenged. I would definitely go back, but not for the jelly fish heads.

Visited October 2013

Palm Springs, California, United States
“Peking Duck at the Duck House is great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I love duck. I read about the Peking duck dish and ventured to Monterey Park to try it with a friend for lunch. In my experience if a restaurant serves Peking duck it usually must be ordered either 24 or 48 hours in advance. Not the case here, they only require a one hour advance notice. After all, not that many Chinese restaurants even offer authentic Peking duck on their menus. I called the restaurant about an hour before we arrived to order, we were seated and ordered the traditional preparation. They also have 2 other options Roasted Peking Duck in Two Ways (Choose either Stir Fried Bean Sprouts with Duck meats or Speical Duck Bone soup) or Roasted Peking Duck in three ways (Including Stir Fried Bean Sprouts with Duck Meats & Special Duck Bone soup). The traditional option is $35.95 the other two more. The second and third option probably a consideration for more than just two persons. We also ordered a side dish of Szechuan Style Eggplant for just $6.95. Our server brought a large platter that had what I would consider a very large portion of duck meat surrounded by triangle shaped pieces of crispy duck skin around the edge of the platter placed over a bowl of hot water. Accompanied by House Pancakes, Shredded Scallions and Cucumbers, and some of the best Hoisin sauce I have ever tasted. The eggplant was moderately spicy with an underlying sweetness, and a winner. The duck served with 12 very thin pancakes was probably the best preparation of Peking Duck I have ever had outside of China. Having had Peking Duck at the famous Quanjude in Beijing, their dish won me over. The duck at Quanjude is served and carved table side which in itself is amazing to watch the Chefs complete. Although the traditional duck arrives de-boned, I repeat there was a lot of duck and crispy skin. My companion and I were barely able to finish 1/2 of what was on the large platter. If you like duck I highly recommend trying the traditional Peking duck at the Duck House.

• Visited September 2013