“Just Okay” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Los Angeles, California
“Just Okay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Here it is! Din tai fun in Arcadia is best for juicy dumplings. Mama's lu is second best in the area. This place is good if you want something quick and in the area. Don't make it a destination.

Visited April 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Laguna Niguel, California
“Clean, Light-Filled, Good Service and Delicious Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

After reading all the negative reviews on Yelp, I was quite hesitant, but I was supposed to meet a friend for lunch, and she's very good at picking the yummiest places, so I thought 'just trust her and go'.

VERY glad I did. The high ceilinged restaurant was very clean, didn't smell, filled with light, the windows, had large booths to sit in by the windows, and it wasn't too noisy to talk even when 2/3rds full of customers (all orientals, btw - I was the only caucasian).

Our server was good, very efficient and kept her eye out if we needed something. The busboy cleared away dishes promptly.

They have an extensive menu to choose from.
I loved the perfectly spiced hot-and-sour soup, the scallion pancakes were the fluffiest and tastiest that I've ever had, the pan-fried pork dumplings were delicious, and the sesame coated red bean ball was a nice dessert, with hot green tea to finish.
My friend had soup-filled dumplings and multi-colored dumplings as well (spinach, chicken and beef filled?).

Lunch for two even with all that was quite inexpensive ($33) dollars before tax and tip. I was happily satiated, impressed, and very much looking forward to returning SOON!

Great place.
If I lived closer, I'd be there once a week:)

• Visited February 2013