“Melt in Your Mouth” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 259 Restaurants in Monterey
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Loulou's Griddle in the Middle is the tiny diner on Wharf #2. We always say we're "tiny but mighty." We cook with a lot of heart, soul, and deep care about every detail. We aim to make your experience comfortable, fun, delicious, and a little like being at a home-away-from-home. The kitchen is open so you can see our chefs preparing right in front of you. Our community of customers--both local and visitors from far away--also make Loulou's special. We bend over backwards to accomodate your requests, when we can, and we might crown you with a tiara if your requests are many....but all in fun. The diner opened in 1948, so it's rich with history. We're blessed with one customer, Henry, who has been coming EVERY morning since 1948 and he's earned a customized stool, a plaque, his own coffee mug, and a warm place in our hearts.
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Melt in Your Mouth”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Breakfast was great. I had the special...which was scrambled eggs with crab. Several tastes in one bite. Definitely worth the wait.....long wait.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

San Diego, CA
“Don't pass up Loulou's!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

Hubby and I visited Loulou's based upon Trip Advisor recommendations. We had a great breakfast, everything was absolutely delicious. Pancakes bigger than the plate, eggs, bacon and a breakfast wrap. Be prepared, it's a tiny little place that doesn't look like much. Don't worry, go right in and enjoy. Great food and friendly employees.

Visited February 2014
Fountain Hills, Arizona
“Great breakfast spot; not best restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Love this place; small - 4 tables and small counter; fun; great staff; been there for 50+ years; unbelievable breakfasts for great price.
Just not the best place for dinner.
Gotta go there for breakfast !!!!!

Visited February 2014
Toronto, Ontario
“See it to beleive it...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Based on reviews my husband and I went to Loulou's for breakfast while on vacation. I knew it was small, but there are 4 tables and some counter stools...that's it! It is quaint and cozy.
Thankfully we were there in a weekday so we only had to wait about 25 minutes. The staff was friendly and the food was good. It's worth going just for the experience of eating in a hut on the wharf.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kansas City, Missouri
“Wake up early and be amazed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

WOW! Loulou's is #1 for a reason. After reading all the reviews on TripAdvisor we decided we had to try Loulou's and I am so glad we did. My husband had a breakfast burrito that quite possibly was one of the best things I have ever tasted. It was topped with the freshest Pico I have ever ate. I opted for the chocolate chip pancake, and I am glad I only ordered one since it was the size of a medium pizza. It was also delicious. If you want to try Loulou's get there early because the place is small but well worth the wait.

Visited January 2014