“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 261 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Description: Paris Bakery has two locations to better serve you. One is located in downtown Monterey, two blocks from Alvarado; and the other is in the center of Seaside on Broadway Ave. We are open seven days a week and offer indoor and outdoor seating for your convenience. We make a large variety of baked goods: fresh breads, breakfast pastries, cookies and French pastries. We use the best espresso and coffee beans for your coffee drinks to go with our exquisite pastries. We also have an amazing lunch menu with daily specials. We serve sandwiches, salads, soups, wraps, panini and a lot more. We also serve wine and beer. We make all products fresh daily from scratch, with all-naturals ingredients without preservatives or additives. We have been in business for more than 26 years. Family business. 271 Bonifacio Plaza, Monterey: open at 6am daily. 1232 Broadway Ave., Seaside: open at 7am daily.
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

This place is great! We had great coffee, BLTs, Croque Monsieur, and the Veggie sandwiches and they were all excellent and then split a chocolate mousse and something else (sorry!). Tons of locals - all greeted by first name by the owner - we asked them for recommendations and they named everything. It is that good. Enjoy.

Visited July 2013

San Carlos, California
“Average lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Had lunch at Paris Bakery Cafe on July 4th. The pastries and baked goods looked very nice, but we didn't sample them. I ordered a lunch special - a Mediterranean chicken wrap - and my wife got a Salad Niçoise. The wrap was mostly just a bunch of lettuce with a bit of olives and feta cheese. They forgot to put any chicken in it. They did give me a fresh one when I complained, but it seems a bit odd to forget to put chicken in a chicken wrap. My wife's salad was fine, but very plain.

Based on the two selections we got for lunch, I've got to say that I'm a bit amazed at all the praise in other TripAdvisor reviews. Our meal was OK, but with all the places to try in Monterey, I don't think I'd bother going back to Paris Bakery Cafe.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Absolutely amazing food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

My family and I visited Paris Bakery after seeing it highly rated on trip advisor, and we were not disappointed. We went for lunch and got extra pastries to go. The food was fantastic and the employees were wonderful and made you feel like they knew you. The clientele seemed to be locals. So glad we found this gem!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Trinity
“Simply Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Thank you Trip Advisor, what a great find. I was having a craving for a pastry/dessert after avoiding them for over two months due to marathon training, and the Paris Bakery did not disappoint. I arrived about 6:30 AM and was greeted by the friendly owner who was happy to assist with my questions and even go I to the back to get additional cookies I requested. I walked out with three bags of pastries for our group and a French baguette just because it looked so good. Everything was delicious!
My only regret is that they do not have a location closer to my home in Florida.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Reading, United Kingdom
“Super pastries & cakes - coffee / tea also good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

What a great place to eat! Really good pastries sandwiches and more. Parking right outside - up to one hour - you can take your time to enjoy this really good cafe- they also have other snacks should you feel the need. Highly recommended!

• Visited June 2013