“Good Food, Decent Prices” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Reno, NV
“Good Food, Decent Prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We ate here for dinner twice. The first time there was a problem with the brick oven and our pizza was less than desirable but the manager took it off our bill. The house salads were so good, however, which is the reason we went back a second time. The place smells wonderful when you walk in and the hostess treats you like old friends. They have a nice beer selection and, in my book, any restaurant that serves Brother Thelonious earns a few stars just for that! The atmosphere is warm and comfortable and fairly quiet for the open space. I particularly liked that when patrons arrived they were seated sparsely around the restaurant and not all right together in one section like a lot of restaurants do. Our waitress for both visits were friendly, helpful and attentive without being annoying. The restaurant is centrally located and not close to the Cannery Row or Wharf but well worth the extra time and distance to go there.

Visited December 2012

Stateline, Nevada
“Pulled PORK-UMMMMMMMM”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Good service.

Ate here with the family.

Tried the brisket appetizer. Good flavors and well mixed together-flavor, heat and temperature.

I had a house salad. Very large and you could almost go with just ordering a salad if you were not that hungry.

I had the pulled pork pizza. Great flavors. Too bad they just don't have a plain pulled pork dish because the pork on the pizza was excellent.

Decent selection of wine. We had the house Pinot and it was ok.

They do have a happy hour from 4-6pm. And if you're on Yelp a 20% discount for breakfast or lunch.

The owner came by twice to make sure everything was ok.

My granddaughter had mac and cheese. It was good. Needed to be more cheesy-per her comment.

We will be back.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Whittier, California, United States
“Great food, great staff !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

The menu selection was great and all the staff were very friendly. We notice all the advertisements on our way to and from our drive into Oregon and decided to give it a try. My wife was very pleased with our experience at the Black Bear Diner.

Visited November 2012
Petaluma,California
“Pleasant Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My wife and I stopped here as it was close to our motel the night before we left. I had a salad and chicken skewers with rice and my wife had one of their salads and soup. The ingredients were fresh, tasted good and we did not feel rushed at all. The service was very pleasant and efficient with the one exception of the bread not arriving until after my entree was served. Another reason I liked this place was that the owner worked the floor, consequently things got done or fixed quickly. Dinner for two, no alcoholic drinks and no desserts for 45.00. Nice service, nice interior and a pleasant surprise. Definitely giving it a shot on my next trip.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
California
“Surprisingly fine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I didn't expect too much, but the meal was tasty. The waiter was stretched too thin (too many tables), but did okay under the circumstances. Dessert was excellent.

Visited November 2012