“We love it” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Monterey
“We love it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

The food is very good and the portions are generous.

They have really great, reasonible lunch specials.

The staff is great. It is family owned and operated. If you go a few times, they remember your name and you are instantly old friends.

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Kingston, Tennessee
“Coworkers say its the best, and it really is great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2010

I work with a woman that eats here all the time: Its less than 2 miles from our office. She told me today that people she knew bought it and I suspect that has happened since the poor reviews from 2 years ago. Its an older building, but its clean and the service is very good. I had the Kung Pao Squid and my friend has the almond chicken. Both were excellent., go out of your way to eat here excellent. Green tea, good soup and a very reasonable $6.55 for each was a good deal. I would happily go back here again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Diego
“Not again, sucks!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2009

My wife and I were in the mood for some Chinese food after our road trip. We Googled Chinese food in the Monterey area and found this place after reading that it had some decant food reviews. So, we drove across town to get there a good 40 minutes before it closed, walked in and the guy from behind the register yells from across the restaurant; "we're closing, take out only"; no hello. I double checked the business hours on the door; yeap, they close at 9PM, checked my watch, yeap, only 8:20PM. Now, my wife and I didn't look like we just rolled in off the street, we were decently dressed to go out for the evening so there was no way these people could have mistaken us for a couple of bums off the street just there to stink up the place to explain their rudeness but we were hungry and decided to order anyway.

Our food was ready in about 10 minutes. I looked around the place while we waited and it was nice enough, an attractive waitress, traditional Chinese décor, a guy who looked like Bob Marley eating orange chicken behind the front desk...

So we get our food and leave. We find a nice place to eat and start to tear into the crab rangoon. OMG!!! Like eating cardboard and sawdust! I literally chocked. More than $7 for crab rangoon that was so bad I probably would have enjoyed eating a pine cone more. The house fried rice and shrimp fried rice we ordered equally sucked, SUCKED! No amount of soy sauce could save it. The rice was dry, the meat was tough, it lacked flavor, it SUCKED! I mean, it's pretty hard to screw up rice but these people managed to do it. People who think that this place is good must have grown up eating out of a dumpster because that's what this place serves, garbage; which is where our dinner ended up. I rather eat a 7-11 then this place ever again!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Monterey
“Used to be good -- NOT ANYMORE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2008

The food was cooked in 2 min. The sauce on all three of our dishes made everything taste the same. They used to have really good food. I would rather go to panda express and get half the bill.

Monterey, California
“This used to be my favorite place but the foods gone down since they moved to the new location. their sweet and sour...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2008

This used to be my favorite place but the foods gone down since they moved to the new location. their sweet and sour is nasty, basically red syrup drizzled on dry nuggets. Their walnut prawns, generals spicy orange chicken, twice cooked pork and curry chicken are still holding up at least. unfortunately don't expect reliability in quality. They do deliver by the way for orders over 15 bucks about the only way I get their food now.