I stayed at Casa Munras one evening on a drive from southern California to northern California. Monterey is a charming little town, and Casa Munras served its purpose for my needs. The check in staff was very friendly, providing a map of the area and recommendations of things to do / places to eat. Upgraded to a king room at no charge, which was very kind. The property almost reminds of an apartment complex, with several one story buildings, some with little porches out front. You could even park right outside your door, or steps away. Everything in the room was clean, and bathroom had both a stall shower and soaking tub. Plantation shutters on the windows. Only downfall was there was no air conditioning. Typically wouldn't be a problem in September I wouldn't think, but it was a tad warmer than normal. Plus, being a Florida gal, we are used to air conditioning everywhere. However, my room did have a ceiling fan and that did a good enough job for the one night. It is a short walk down the street to a Peet's for some coffee and breakfast, and maybe five minutes by foot to downtown Monterey and the Wharf.
The only downfall here is the internet service is terrible. I would get connected with a very weak signal, and then immediately it would disconnect. 15 minutes on with tech support did not help. Otherwise, it was a fine stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay Authentic. Historic Casa Munras Hotel & Spa is located in the Old-Town heart of the picturesque coastal town of Monterey. True to its Spanish heritage, this hacienda-inspired hotel embraces its outdoor spaces while beckoning guests to the warm comforts of their living quarters. A short stroll to Historic Old Monterey or the world famous Fisherman’s Wharf, Casa Munras Hotel & Spa is ideally located near many of the Central California region’s most visited attractions – coastal California at its best. Casa Munras Hotel & Spa strives to offer a personalized experience tailored to guest’s individual needs and interests, from complimentary wireless high speed Internet, DVD players and movie libraries, to a full service business center and a knowledgeable concierge program. Whether traveling on business or enjoying a well-deserved vacation, the Casa Munras Hotel & Spa offers a wide array of amenities to make your stay comfortable and memorable. Guests can "sip, savor and share" Spanish-inspired tapas at the hotel’s on-property restaurant, Estéban. Serving traditional dishes with a pinch of adventure, Estéban is the ideal place for a sit down dinner or socializing with friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, TIG Global and Venere so you can book your Casa Munras Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Larkspur Collection Casa Munras
- Larkspur Collection Monterey
- Casa Munras Garden Hotel