I did myself in on this one. I was suckered in by the very cute outside landscaping and I typicallyl like Larkspur properties but this one was a hum dinger. It is very noisy - I heard my neighbor snoring at 1:00 am. Every person who spoke in the parking lot sounded like they were right outside my window. The first room we were placed me in was next to the very busy maid's station. I asked to be moved and then realized every room was noisy. The bathroom is so small the only way two people can fit in it at the same time is when one is in the shower. They have a pool but the jacuzzi is only for those who care to pay for $100 spa treatment - no day spa fees. I called and asked if they had a day spa fee like many finer resorts do (this was a Monday, and the hotel had about 8 guests staying there) and she said, "unfortunately no." I said, "have you ever thought of changing the policy especially during the week?" She said, "um no, and we do have some guests today."
I should have stayed at the Hotel Abrego - bigger rooms, nicer employees, it's very quiet, it has a pool and jacuzzi for all guests to use. Go there instead or go someplace else not this obnoxious money pit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay Authentic. Historic Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa is located in the Old-Town heart of the picturesque coastal town of Monterey. True to its Spanish heritage, this hacienda-inspired hotel embraces its outdoor spaces while beckoning guests to the warm comforts of their living quarters. A short stroll to Historic Old Monterey or the world famous Fisherman's Wharf, Casa Munras Hotel & Spa is ideally located near many of the Central California region's most visited attractions - coastal California at its best. Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa strives to offer a personalized experience tailored to guest's individual needs and interests, from complimentary wireless high speed Internet, DVD players and movie libraries, to a full service business center and a knowledgeable concierge program. Whether traveling on business or enjoying a well-deserved vacation, the Casa Munras Hotel & Spa offers a wide array of amenities to make your stay comfortable and memorable. Guests can "sip, savor and share" Spanish-inspired tapas at the hotel's on-property restaurant, Esteban. Serving traditional dishes with a pinch of adventure, Esteban is the ideal place for a sit down dinner or socializing with friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, TIG Global, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Casa Munras Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Larkspur Collection Casa Munras
- Larkspur Collection Monterey
- Casa Munras Garden Hotel