We just had a mother-daughter birthday celebration over the weekend. I had stayed at the hotel since it opened numerous times over the years for business and pleasure but hadn't been back for a few years. I had forgotten how wonderful it is! The staff couldn't had been friendlier. The rooms are clean and beautifully-appointed. The beds are very comfortable and the sheets are divine. The comfy bathrobes are a very nice touch. We had a room with a view of the bay and enjoyed listening to the surf at night. The room was spacious and the bathroom a good size as well. We had two breakfasts and a dinner at Schooners and couldn't have been happier. We are regular visitors to the area and have a lot of favorite restaurants but were glad we opted to stay in and go to Schooners on our first night. The fish was fresh, the side dishes delicious and the service and ambiance were stellar. Our meal was actually superior to a famous restaurant we dined at the following night. We enjoyed drinks in the lobby listening to the pianist one night. The immaculate health club was one of the best in recent memory - dramatic water views and state-of-the-art equipment. Next time we plan to have a spa treatment and soak in the beautiful spa. The location is quite convenient for enjoying the stunning waterfront. We took several long walks, a surrey ride and a bike ride. We are already planning our next trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax on the water's edge at the Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa. Dramatically perched over the Monterey Bay and located on historic Cannery Row, the Plaza is the perfect place to enjoy the gentle sounds of the surf, the fresh scent of sea air and all of the activities that the Monterey Peninsula has to offer. The only Forbes Four Star rated hotel in Monterey, the Plaza welcomes you with its warm Mediterranean ambiance and its legendary personalized service. While here, enjoy our roof-top Vista Blue Spa, the European-style Café La Strada, and our waterfront restaurant, Schooners Coastal Kitchen & Bar.For the comfort of our guests, all sleeping rooms and balconies are 100% non-smoking. In addition to taxes, a $27 per night resort fee applies to all reservations, which includes valet parking, guestroom internet, access to the spa facilities and local phone calls. Periodically, the Plaza is host to events such as weddings, dinners and concerts which may be seen and heard from sleeping rooms. Every effort is made to keep the times and volume of these events within reason. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL and Otel so you can book your Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monterey Plaza Hotel Monterey
- Monterey Plaza Hotel And Spa
- Monterey Plaza Resort
- Plaza Hotel Monterey