My brother and I stayed at the Monterey Plaza over Christmas 2012. There were other lower cost options in the Carmel/Monterey area including the Marriott, but we splurged a little for something better. Fortunately, we were not disappointed.
While it was a little irritating to pay a $25 daily "service fee," we were overly impressed by the number of hotel service staff and their positive attitudes. This was shown by the bellman, front desk, lobby, housekeeping -- we travel all over the world and have to say this is some of the nicest staff we have ever encountered. There were 6-10 bellmen on staff (there were alot and we were surprised), but they were running on car valets, luggage, etc. All well trained. We understand why this is an award winner from Trip Advisor -- and very well deserved.
The rooms have a classy feeling of older furniture, but they are definitely not 'dated.' It's not the W hotel -- nothing contemporary, but more like furniture of your parents. But it is very well maintained, large rooms and newer mattresses. Overall, very nice accommodations including a lovely real Christmas tree in the lobby.
We definitely would stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax on the water's edge at the Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa. Dramatically perched over the Monterey Bay and located on historic Cannery Row, the Plaza is the perfect place to enjoy the gentle sounds of the surf, the fresh scent of sea air and all of the activities that the Monterey Peninsula has to offer. The only Forbes Four Star rated hotel in Monterey, the Plaza welcomes you with its warm Mediterranean ambiance and its legendary personalized service. While here, enjoy our roof-top Vista Blue Spa, the European-style Café La Strada, and our waterfront restaurant, Schooners Coastal Kitchen & Bar.For the comfort of our guests, all sleeping rooms and balconies are 100% non-smoking. In addition to taxes, a $27 per night resort fee applies to all reservations, which includes valet parking, guestroom internet, access to the spa facilities and local phone calls. Periodically, the Plaza is host to events such as weddings, dinners and concerts which may be seen and heard from sleeping rooms. Every effort is made to keep the times and volume of these events within reason. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monterey Plaza Hotel Monterey
- Monterey Plaza Hotel And Spa
- Monterey Plaza Resort
- Plaza Hotel Monterey