“PERFECT Weekend!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Jackson, Wyoming
“PERFECT Weekend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My adult daughter and I planned a Mommy-Daughter weekend in Monterey because we won't be together during the holidays. I cannot say enough good things about our hotel, The Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa! The service was 5 star PLUS! Everyone was so friendly and helpful! Our room was incredible with gorgeous views of the bay! The concierge went out of his way to get restaurant reservations for us and arrange a shuttle to transport us! The Schooner Restaurant was delicious for both lunch AND dinner. The piano bar was perfect for a nightcap! Amazing entertainment! The bike path is nearby for an early morning run (for my daughter) or walk (for me!) This hotel was THE BEST! I will dream about coming back again!

Room Tip: Go for the ocean view rooms!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

2,369 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (695)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel several times before in an ocean view room. This time we could not get an ocean view, so we took the inland view. The room was up to hotel standards, but I really missed hearing the waves at night and the seagulls in the morning. (I tried hard to get an upgrade but they were sold out.)

We really missed the Duck Club restaurant! They remodeled and changed the Duck Club in to Schooners, which is an extension of their bar. It was a more causal atmosphere.

Make sure to rent a bike and a kayak at Adventures by the Sea which is right across the street. If you go kayaking, go in he morning when there's no wind and the wildlife is active.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Union City, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This hotel is absolutely top of the line! The furnishings were exquisite and the views were absolutely breathtaking. The bed was also outstanding! I had the best night's sleep I've had in a while. I was treated like royalty, and every staff member went out of their way to be accommodating. They were also extremely professional and have that "can do" attitude. I definitely plan to make it a priority to visit again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Newport Beach, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Needed a girls weekend getaway and this place was the perfect spot!
BEAUTIFUL rooms and BEAUTIFUL views ... truly breathtaking.
Everyone at the hotel was exceptionally nice and courteous, from the housekeeping staff to the valet attendants. We were treated very well.
The rooftop jacuzzi was heaven, and the food was great at their signature restaurant.
The little town is very cute and quaint and mostly everything was walking distance from the hotel.
We will defintiely be back here soon!

Room Tip: A room with an ocean view is a must have here!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dalworthington Gardens, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I almost did not stay here this past weekend. The last time I was here it was the most miserable stay at a hotel Everett. Now this was several years ago. I had come for a continuing ed meeting . Although they knew I would not be arriving until 10pm, they gave my ocean view room away, tried to give me a room with one queen bed for my sister and myself and still wanted to charge me for a ocean view room. The room we had was miserable, staff rude, and room service non-existent.
This trip was entirely different. I could not believe it was the same hotel. Staff was wonderful. They were polite, helpful, and wiorked hard to make this stay very enjoyable. Dinner in the Schooner restaurant was delicious. The room was more than comfortable. But it really is the staff who made all the difference.? I will come here again.

Room Tip: Ocean view is nice but if the window is open the sea lions can be noisy.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Chico, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

My husband and I came up with some last minute time off and we really wanted to stay again at the Monterey Plaza Hotel. The reservation person, Stella, went out of her way to make that happen! In this day and age, it is seldom that you receive such gracious customer service. The staff at the front desk, Hilary also went out of her way and made sure we had a super room. That night, they brought to our room chocolate covered strawberries that were delicious. The entire staff were wonderful. The hotel property is beautiful, rooms well appointed and the view fabulous. There were sea otters that could be seen right in front of the hotel which faces the ocean! We were lulled to sleep by the waves breaking against the rocks.......ahh..........I could not improve anything about our stay. Quite wonderful. Please go!

Room Tip: Well the corner room we had was warm and sunny!!!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

A gorgeous property with gorgeous views! An ocean view room is a must. The sound of the waves was so peaceful and relaxing. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The rooftop jacuzzis at the spa were a piece of heaven!! The fitness center was also quite large, clean and had beautiful ocean views. This was a very relaxing, luxurious getaway.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!