We were celebrating our anniversary and wanted a quick weekend away. We go to Monterey often for day trips but have not stayed for a weekend in many years. We wanted an ocean view, and close to restaurants so we did not have to drive, this hotel fit those criteria, knowing we were paying the price for these amenities. The hotel is impressive and the front desk was friendly, I had noted that we were celebrating our anniversay on our reservation and the agent acknowleged it at check in. We had room 2417 over the water with a view and a small balcony. Soon after arriving a bottle of Champagne and Chocolate Strawberries arrived, with congratulations on our anniversary, a very nice touch.The room was nice sized and well appointed. Our balcony overlooked the area where outdoor weddings were held and while there we saw 2.
Although there is a coffee pot in the room, we expected there would have been fresh coffee in the lounge areas in the morning but there is not. A coffee shop is attached to the outside of the hotel. Our room was one that had adjoining doors to rooms on both sides and we were hearing the other guests talking in the morning and evenings thru the doors. In the evenings there is a pianist playing in the lounge area which is very nice. All in all it was a very pleasant hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax on the water's edge at the Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa. Dramatically perched over the Monterey Bay and located on historic Cannery Row, the Plaza is the perfect place to enjoy the gentle sounds of the surf, the fresh scent of sea air and all of the activities that the Monterey Peninsula has to offer. The only Forbes Four Star rated hotel in Monterey, the Plaza welcomes you with its warm Mediterranean ambiance and its legendary personalized service. While here, enjoy our roof-top Vista Blue Spa, the European-style Café La Strada, and our waterfront restaurant, Schooners Coastal Kitchen & Bar.For the comfort of our guests, all sleeping rooms and balconies are 100% non-smoking. In addition to taxes, a $27 per night resort fee applies to all reservations, which includes valet parking, guestroom internet, access to the spa facilities and local phone calls. Periodically, the Plaza is host to events such as weddings, dinners and concerts which may be seen and heard from sleeping rooms. Every effort is made to keep the times and volume of these events within reason. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monterey Plaza Hotel Monterey
- Monterey Plaza Hotel And Spa
- Monterey Plaza Resort
- Plaza Hotel Monterey