“Cute place, clean, safe!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #20 of 54 Hotels in Monterey
Sonora, Texas
“Cute place, clean, safe!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

I stayed here Sun -Thurs. was very cute with all the flowers. Furniture was updated, bathroom was very clean, and breakfast was great. I turn fan on at night so didn't hear much noise. If you are going on a weekend check what's going on at fairgrounds which are right behind hotel. There were concerts going on so was very loud, ended around 11pm. Also airport is right there but think planes only durin the day, smaller airport. Parking was tight but always found a space. Good place for the $$. Carpet could have been cleaner, door had some space between. Just a few little things. Overall a good stay.

Room Tip: I had a queen, no pet room.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Management247, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Monterey Bay, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Dear Denise W,

I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed our brilliant and vibrant flowers. Our maintenance team does a wonderful job keeping our grounds beautiful for our guests. I'm so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and our diverse breakfast options. We try hard to have something for everyone! I will speak to the housekeeping staff regarding the carpet, thank you for bringing it to my attention.

I am pleased you had such a great stay and look forward to your next visit!

Warm Regards,

Janea E.
Front Desk Manager
888-930-7666

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

I stayed here last night for the First City Music Festival, which was right next door. I had discovered this place as a friend and I stayed next door at the Ramada but needed a room for Sunday night and Ramada couldn't work with us on a good price. I walked next door to Comfort Inn and met Mala and she informed me that there was a room for $119 a nite, perfecto! Mala was very courteous and friendly. She even offered me to have some of their breakfast but I had plans. BTW - their breakfast has scrambled eggs! Next door at Ramada has a "make your own waffle."

The room was 218 and it's the best of the bunch because it's a corner hotel room. The inside was spectacular, looked like there was some modernization. Because of my stay, I'll be curious to see if other Comfort Inns are run the same way.

Room Tip: room 218 is the room to get, corner room towards back of the hotel and upstairs
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Management247, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Monterey Bay, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Dear John M,

Thank you for your review and your positive mention of our guest services agent Mala. Our staff prides themselves on being friendly and helpful in every way possible, so I’m delighted to hear our team member left such a favorable impression. I am delighted she was able to assist you in room reservations!

Warm Regards,
Janea E.
Front Desk Manager
Yardley, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Place was nicely equipped, nice clean accommodation, very convenient location; We stayed here to cover Monterey Bay and Carmel along Monterey Penensula. Easy access to the Freeway and convenient to restaurants and sundry restaurants/pharmacy to cater to basic needs for kids/family.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Management247, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Monterey Bay, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Arun,

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and your visit to Monterey/Carmel! Thank you for sharing your experience with fellow travelers here on TripAdvisor. We do our best to provide everything a guest will need while traveling. That is why each of our rooms comes with a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and hairdryer for every guest. We want you to be comfortable and only think about one thing…exploring beautiful Monterey! We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again!

Charleston, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Comfort Inn Monterey Bay is nice and clean, I and my daughter like the spa when we return from the views. there are 2 warm spa and 1 hot steam unit. The location is very convenient and close to the 1 highway.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Management247, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Monterey Bay, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear 海珊 龙,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I am delighted you enjoyed your stay at the Comfort Inn Monterey Bay. Our housekeeping staff works so hard to make sure that our hotel is nice and clean for every guest. I am thrilled you were able to sit in our nice warm spa after sight seeing it is a perfect way to end a day!

We hope to see you in the future!

Safe travels,
Blacksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

We had a quality time with our grandsons in the pool area! The room is clean and neat. It was close to our son's house in Del Rey Oaks and the beautiful beach of Monterey. The price was right. We will definitely come back when we visit Monterey next time!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Management247, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Monterey Bay, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Dear RebekaFF,

I’m so happy you were able to come to Monterey to visit your son and grandsons! There is nothing more important than family and making those precious memories with the ones you love. Monterey has a vast selection for fun for all ages. We look forward to your next visit! Thank you for reviewing your visit with us!

Manchester, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

The comfort Inn in Monterey is a nice hotel to stay at for a few days while visiting Monterey and the surrounding area. The rooms are comfortable as are the beds. There is a nice continental breakfast in the morning. The folks at the front desk are very helpful and friendly. The hotel also is near restaurants that are a bit cheaper than those on Cannery Row in Monterey. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Daniel S,

Thank you for sharing your experience and recommending our property to others! That is truly the greatest compliment you can give us. Guest service is our number one goal so I am pleased the front desk was helpful and friendly. I am delighted you were able to enjoy Monterey with your family! There are many more things to see in Monterey, so please come back again!

Safe Travels,
Clovis, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Exceptionally friendly and accommodating front desk got me a room several hours before the 3 p.m. check-in time. The room was clean and neat. The bathroom was immaculate with modern plumbing that worked fine, except for the sink's plug. Had to remove the plug from its fitting for the sink to drain. The durable room safe had a user-friendly digital lock. The large (42"?) flat screen TV worked fine, but was not connected to HD service. Analog TV programs were stretched to fill the 16:9 aspect ratio screen. WiFi Internet signal was strong and reliable, but D/L speed was about 1.5Mb/s (good for email). I had a room in front of the covered entrance and office, which was relatively noisy from vehicle traffic on Fremont St, but not a significant issue for me.

The breakfast room was spacious and included outdoor seating. Fresh scrambled eggs, fried sausage patties, fresh fruit, cereals, milk, juices, coffee, cook 'em yourself waffles, etc. were provided for a hearty meal, 7-10 am.

The Monterey Bay Coastal Bike Trail was a convenient bicycle ride about ½ mile north on Casa Verde Way from the hotel.

Room Tip: A room in the middle of the property will be furthest from vehicle traffic noise.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Dear WiFi_wanderer,

Our staff prides themselves on being friendly and helpful in every way possible, so I am delighted to hear they were able to check you in early. Thank you for recognizing the hard work of our housekeeping team. They work so hard to make sure everything is immaculate for each and every guest. I am thrilled you enjoyed our hearty continental breakfast. Especially this time of year our outdoor seating is so pleasant. I am pleased you were able to enjoy a nice bike ride on the Monterey Bay Coastal Bike Trail.

We look forward to seeing you again!

888-930-7666

Been to Comfort Inn Monterey Bay? Share your experiences!