“Most comfortable and relaxing stay we have ever had at an Inn!” 5 of 5 stars

Announcement
Free Wine Reception
Ranked #2 of 53 Hotels in Monterey
Modesto, ca
“Most comfortable and relaxing stay we have ever had at an Inn!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

We just love the Spindrift, the staff is helpful and inviting! The rooms have great views! The beds are the most comfortable we have slept in you won't want to get out of them. Its our go to place when we want rest and relaxation with a romantic feel! Close to anything you need and want to do...

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

This is a perfect spot to be refreshed, although pricey. Ocean view rooms are the best! Needs some minor touch ups but everything is cozy and quaint! The wood burning fireplace is awesome! Plenty of wood furnished! Lots of television viewing choices! Beds so comfy! Restaurants all around within walking!

Santa Rosa, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We had a great experience at the Spindrift. The staff was friendly, the room was clean and cozy. Breakfast to your door is wonderful but we got in room massages and it was awful! We thought with a great place spindrift is that we would be getting quality massages (at 85.00 a piece) and that was not the case. The two ladies were suppose to be our room at 3pm and start at 315. They didn't get to our room until 310 and still had to set everything up. Needless to stay they started late but ended right at 4:15... That wasn't even the worst of it. I am 7 months pregnant and the lady kept telling me I was "huge" and asked me if I was sure I wasn't carrying twins. You DO NOT tell a lady she's huge especially a pregnant one! She said it a few times and then asked my husband to help me adjust the pregnancy pillow since I was so "big." didn't make me feel very comfortable... Then in the middle of the massages the lady who was massaging my husband pulled up a chair and sat down! Now unless she needed to for physical reason (which she should of said something prior to the massage) I don't think it's very professional to sit while your giving a massage?! Maybe it was an off day for these ladies or we just got the wrong masseuses but from that experience I would not recommend the spa...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Livermore, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went there for our anniversary and we had a wonderful time. Customer service was great everybody was so friendly and helpful. The front desk set up dinner reservations for us at the Chart house which was a short 4 min walk down the street, very convenient central location. The dinner came with a complimentary dessert and overall was a special experience. The only complaint I would have was the construction going on across the street, we were there on a Monday/Tuesday and they started early in the morning so it was noisy but out of our hotel's control. Besides that the hotel took great care of us and made our stay memorable. Our room had a fireplace in it that we lit up at night and it made the room feel so cozy and warm. Our room also came with a sauna which was odd but a pretty awesome feature. I would definitely come back and stay at the spindrift. The location, customer service and warm feel of the hotel made our stay one to remember.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a weekend with my girlfriend for vacation before I leave for Navy basic training. Everyone that works here was amazing! The rooms are spotless and they have wood burning fire places that really add a very romantic touch. The complimentary breakfast was exactly what we needed to unwind. The hotel itself was a perfect location.

Tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Loved the hotel..very nice staff...clean room...great Continental Breakfast...Binoculars for viewing...although after looking at other reviewers pics.. we have have got the only room without a window seat..:(

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window seat..also we were in a room directly behin\d the lobby which was noisy...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We spent a night at the Spindrift Inn on our way down the coast to Paso Robles. The Inn was on Cannery Row and the Ocean. We had a beautiful corner room overlooking Cannery Row. Reception was very nice and checked us in without a problem. We arrived after the Inn offered complimentary wine and cheese, reception made sure that we were taken care. The room was beautiful and large, the bed was fantastic. The wood buring fireplace was well used by us and much appreciated. It really turned the room into a special place for my wife and myself.
The following morning we were served breakfact in bed, another treat!

You do have to pay for parking the car, I think it was around $25.00. We decided to park the car about 10 blocks up the hill near a school. It was off season and not a problem to find many open parking spaces.

The Spindrift was a wonderful place for us to stay and we will always think of the Inn as a special place.

P.S. Don't miss eating at the Monterey Fish House, I bit of a ride by car (maybe 15 minutes), it was small but had great seafood, try the squid!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Spindrift Inn? Share your experiences!