“good budget option” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #33 of 54 Hotels in Monterey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

The room was clean, but didn't sparkle, it was old and drab. The carpet may have been older than me ! The shower was so small it was claustrophobic. The motel was under the airport flight path. At first I couldn't find the microwave and mini-fridge because they were inconveniently in a low cabinet. That's the bad news.

The good news is that I had excellent service from the desk manager and housekeeping. The room had all the amenities that are important to me, and had a nice flat screen TV. The continental breakfast was slightly above average, and the motel location was away from the tourist zone, but good.

The best part was value. With my senior or AAA discount, I stayed two nights for under $100 including tax. I'm sure rates vary during the year, but Monterey can be pricey. If you are picky or persnickety stay somewhere else, but if you are looking for a bargain, this is a good choice.

Denny's 1 block. CVS 2 blocks.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
RamadaMonterey, Manager at Ramada Limited Monterey, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed the excellent service and appreciated the value. Our rooms haven't been recently renovated, but our staff takes great pride in maintaining the room and cleanliness. Thank you for sharing your experience, and we hope to see you again.
Fresno
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is absolutely the worst stay I have ever had ! I guess I should really go back to the you get what you pay for Philosophy. The rooms are tiny (not a huge issue since its is just a place to sleep) really loud (airplanes flying over head) and hospitality is Non Existent !
Our toilet clogged and flooded half the room! When we called the front desk and explained what was going on the man working the desk told me he would be there in about five minutes. When he got there with two towels he saw that I really meant half my room was flooded with dirty water ! He told me that they were booked for the night and couldn't move me handed me a couple of towels and a fan the size of a shoe box ! I got on the phone with http://hotels.com right away to see if the could get me out of here and in a new hotel (my son,5,was sick and I was not going to make him stay in an unsanitary room ) surprise http://hotels.com called me back and tells me they can switch me rooms! The next morning we go for breakfast and the am guy talks to me like I am an idiot and what to do with a clogged toilet ! When I start to get upset he starts to argue with me in a room full of people! I soon realize he will not stop arguing with me so I start leaving with him still arguing at me. Ahhh I have both worked and managed hotels for the last ten years we would have NEVER treated guest like this. This place is not worth the cheap cost . Spend the extra few dollars and stay at a place that Won't blame you for having to walk a guest so they could keep you here and talk to you like you're dumb

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We apologize that you experienced a clogged toilet on your second night. Sometimes toilets just don't function as expected, and repeated flushing will just cause the toilet to continue overflowing. We prefer that our guest communicate with us as soon as there is an issue, so we can resolve it before causing a major inconvenience. We hope that you will give Ramada a try again in the future.

Been to Ramada Limited Monterey? Share your experiences!