“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Pacific Street, Monterey, CA 93940   |
Ranked #26 of 53 Hotels in Monterey
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is within walking distance to many Monterey attractions so need to drive everywhere. The room itself was large with a dining table, fireplace, king size bed and sitting area. Hardwood floors and hacienda style decor with fountains in an interior courtyard completed a nice homey feel. Combine all that with excellent service from hotel staff and you get a winning combination.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Rocklin, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stayed last week at the Hotel Pacific and it was very clean and nice and I'd definitely stay there again. However...... watch out if you leave the balcony doors open! I kept hearing noises after the lights were out and after about three times got up and looked around and couldn't figure it out. Then after another couple of times I jumped up turned on the lights and lo and behold a snickers bar was on it's way towards the balcony doors :) A little mouse took off like a rocket -he'd been hiding in the snack basket while I looked around. Too funny except it scared the heck out of me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Manteca, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I have been staying here for about 10 years now and this trip was not one of my memorable ones. I have always enjoyed staying here but the place is starting to show it's age. Just because the TV is replaced with a flat screen does not freshen up the room. Carpets not clean, hardwood floors and baseboards showing age and this bed was bad, sags on the sides and hump in the middle. I mentioned the bed when I checked out and I was told they will have it checked. If they know someone is staying in that room they should take the time to clean the spider webs and dirt off the outside chairs and patio walls. Note: a few years back they started charging for parking, started off at $13 now up to $19 a night

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Walnut Creek, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We have stayed at Hotel Pacific several times. The rooms are spacious and clean. The beds are very comfortable. Its location is excellent despite the fact there are no ocean views in any of the rooms. You park your car and you really dont have to get in it again until you leave as everything is within a short walking distance. We have stayed at several of hotels throughtout Monterey so it has been awhile since we stayed at Hotel Pacific but after my husband and I spent last weekend there it reminded us why we had chosen this hotel in the past and so we will now make this our first choice again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
West Hollywood
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I was on a business trip to Monterey and my Director recommended the Hotel Pacific. I could see that if you were on a romantic weekend with a loved one this may be the place to stay but it was a little too much for just me alone on a business trip.
There was a working gas fireplace, hardwood floors, a balcony, a breakfast nook, a double-bath (shower and tub), and a lot of extra space in the unit.
The complaint, don’t stay on the street side it is very noisy. Weird in a very quiet town how loud the street noise can be where there isn’t any other noise and the windows did not keep out any of the sound. Given the floors were hard wood and the walls all empty plaster - the stomping from above and the elevator was deafening. I can’t sleep with banging above me. I recommend staying away from the elevator and on the upper level if possible.
If you’re a fanatic about spotless furniture you may want to pick another place. The furniture has been used. It wasn’t dirty, just stained and… well, used.
I rarely say discouraging things about a place, I just don’t rate them… but this place has good things about it. I wouldn’t discourage you from staying; just tell you what to expect… it appears even my colleagues agree with my observations.

Room Tip: Upper level, away from the street and elevator.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Stayed there for one night, and the room was so cozy and inviting I didn't want to go out again. Has the spanish hacienda feel down perfectly. I stayed in a king suite, and outside my room, 235, was a spacious, wonderful courtyard. There were fountains in a courtyad that you would find in a grand hotel, and gave me the inclination to sit, relax and enjoy a glass of wine. (By the way, there was a corkscrew and wine glasses in the room)
The continental breakfast was so, so, but nice to have none the less.
Completely recommed this hotel, it does cost to park here. $19, but thats not bad compared to a local garage.
It's an easy walk to the downtown area, where we were luck enough to run into a local street fair.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Petaluma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I consider the Hotel Pacific a 1st class hotel. This is like staying home away from home, the rooms are spacious and cozey. The beds are big and comfy having the feather beds. Good breakfast, something for everyone.

Room Tip: I have stayed at the Hotel Pacific many times over the past twenty five years and our stay has alway...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Pacific? Share your experiences!