“Great hotel, close to everything!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Discover Monterey Package
Ranked #14 of 53 Hotels in Monterey
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Great hotel, close to everything!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Love the location of the Monterey Marriott. We stayed there for our anniversary and used our points and platinum elite status, and we were upgraded to one of their best suites. I have to say the suite wasn't that great, but they are in the middle of upgrading and the pictures look really nice. The hotel is in downtown and its easy to walk anywhere downtown. We loved walking around downtown. We could walk to fishermans wharf which was also very cool. The one big negative was the lack of parking unless you paid $20 a night for valet. But we will definitely come back!

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Fairfield, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Clean, efficient typical Marriott. Rooms and service are very good. However, when one goes to Monterey/Carmel one does not eat in the hotel. Too many great restaurants in the area.

What's with the minimum number of characters? I have nothing more to say which is pertinent.
Blah, blah, blah, blah!!

Room Tip: I have stayed there several times. I don't see any particular advantage to any specific room lo...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We enjoyed our time here, but did not get out to explore much. We only had one night. The hotel was nice and clean, the staff courteous and helpful. We had a great view of the bay which was perfect. We walked to the Pier and enjoyed drinks and food.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Clovis, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Monterey Marriott for our anniversary. We booked the hotel online through Marriott Rewards. The hotel was in a great location. We walked to everything. The valet service was great, very helpful. The check in was so smooth. The person who checked us in made sure all of our requests had been accommodated. The rooms and hotel are being renovated. The room was nice and had a great view. The room service was quick and the food was good. The staff that we came into contact with was great and very friendly. We will stay here again!

• Stayed November 2012
CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I'm a bit slow writing this but stayed here 1 week ago and it was fabulous! Everything from the valets & Bell service to the accommodation. The location is awesome 1blk off the wharfs 1block from many restaurants & shopping.

The concierge was very helpful as was the valet when I needed to ail a package. Saved me money with their advice plus I found an amazing little bakery! Paris Bakery just a few blocks away.

Even with a large prescience for a conference the hotel was quiet. They ate updating many areas as well.

Service is one of the main reasons we love Marriott.

Did not utilize the the spa or restaurant service on site as there were too many places we wanted to try locally.

The gym & pool were nice clean. The pool is outdoors & heated which s always a plus.

Recommend if you are going to be in Monterey!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hollister, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I was very upset by their treatment of a disabled person. The hotel site says that the only parking is onsite, is valet, and is $20 per day! I asked if handicapped parking was available and the head of the valets said very curtly that I could park at the city lot 3 blocks away! WHAT? 3 blocks for a handicapped person. Then he was quick to point out that I could pay the $20 and they would wisk my car away and return it when I needed it. While that is true of valet parking, I am on a budget and an extra $40 would pay for meals! So I made the drive to Monterey and drove into the valet area. When I was just about to get out of my car, I noticed a handicapped parking space right across the street. When I asked the valet if I was seeing it properly, he said "oh yes, we all know it's there". I got back in my car and drove across the street and parked. So to any handicapped person going to Monterey.....be aware of that spot and know that any metered space or any space without a meter is free to those displaying the handicapped placard.
Now on to the hotel. My colleague and I had payed for an upgraded room with an ocean view and I had called ahead to be sure we were going to get 2 double beds giving my confirnation number. When we arrived we found that we were assigned to a king bed room. So changing us to 2 doubles caused us to be downgraded 3 floors!!! Yes, we had an ocean view but I would rather have been on the 8th floor with the view instead of the 5th floor. Also the hotel is undergoing renovation and there is plenty of noise after 8am! Be warned. Also in a double room there was only 1 comfortable chair and 1 desk chair. So one of us had to "relax" in a desk chair. The hotel is in a nice location and the convention center is convenient with an overhead bridge. But there were not enough chairs for people eating breakfast. We had to sit outside before dawn in the fog to eat. I would think a hotel like this with lots of experience would be better prepared. So average but would like it to have been better.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Rohnert Park, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

Great location . The staff took pride in their work . There was a remodel going on so things weren't perfect but service made up for any inconvenience . The location was a short walk from the wharf and a beautiful walking trail . We were there for a convention , the presidents dinner took place on the 10th floor which overlooked the marina and bay . The area also offers some great hiking and biking trails .

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Monterey Marriott? Share your experiences!