We stayed here for a couple days during the thanksgiving long weekend. Don't let the look of the property from the outside fool you ... it looks like they took an older property and get a lot of updates ... mostly to the inside rooms. Here is my run-down:
- Excellent cold breakfast. It have been better of they had waffles and hash browns which tends to be the norm now a days.
- The rooms look like they have been professionally decorated and the colors, and furniture are all very welcoming, pleasing and allow you to feel relaxed while in the room.
- Complimentary water bottles are a nice touch since we forgot to bring some with us.
- The location of the property is great. Just off the 1. 1 exit north of 17 mile drive, minutes to Del Monte Mall (across the street actually) and no more than a 10 minute drive to Cannery Row.
- Free parking
- Very friendly and knowledgable staff
- Very large pool and spa area. Also at least 2 large confortable looking fire pit areas are available for the guests to enjoy. We unfortunately didn't make the time to use them, but they looked like they would be very enjoyable to use.
- Free WiFi was very weak inside the rooms .. to the point where we couldn't connect, or got connected and disconnected. The strongest signal was in the lunch room.
- The entrance to the motel is a bit hidden and very narrow. Additionally you can only go South on Munras and cannot legally make any U-turns if you wanted to go North.
- The cleaning staff only made the bed on our first night. They didn't clean the washrooms or the rest of the room and didn't replenish the supplies or towels. It's not a biggie because we tend to be neat freaks so not much cleaning was required, however a change of towels when we left them on the ground would have been nice.
Overall we enjoyed our stay would look into staying here again without any issues.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Tingo, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Mariposa Inn and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mariposa Hotel Monterey