“Best Value in Monterey!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Mariposa Inn and Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1386 Munras Ave., Monterey, CA 93940   |
Ranked #29 of 54 Hotels in Monterey
Canyon Lake, California
“Best Value in Monterey!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Older hotel(but not too old) nicely remolded my 3rd stay here. I really like it. Every room has a fireplace, the 3rd floor rooms are two story,bedroom and bath upstairs and flat screen T.V. Downstairs has a fold down double bed in wall and another bath and shower,microwave,refrigerator,flat screen,pool,spa,nice landscaping.Continental breakfast. Huge shopping center with plenty of restaurants,and a market right across the street.It's perfect.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in back it is located on Munras a very busy street.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
stayton oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We rented the 'suite'...so that my mom could have the entire upstairs, and her own bathroom. (yes, she is spoiled) my Son and I had the entire bottom floor, with a sofa, and murphy bed, and our own bathroom. We watched the Giants win on the nice tv downstairs. The morning breakfast was very nice, and the young man attending it kept it sparkling clean and tidy. I really liked this place, just wish it were a little closer to the Aquarium. There is a nice shopping center right across the street. Whole Foods, etc.

Room Tip: The suite is perfect, if you have a large family...say maybe more than 4 people. The pool was cold...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stayed here for a conference with our two month old. Everything was just perfect for a family stay. I just wish we would have taken advantage of the hot tub and pool. The location near Whole Foods is ideal. It was quiet. Everything was very good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Danville New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I booked this hotel through Expedia because it was near our Monterey Office. When you first arrive it looks a little average until you get into the room. Our room was spacious, immaculate, modern and had a gas fireplace and a sitting area. The hotel was quiet and the staff was great. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone looking for moderately priced rooms off the waterfront. I plan to make it my place to stay when I'm in Monterey.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Stockton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I took my girlfriend/partner to Monterey to celebrate her birthday. Upon arrival, the staff was very friendly and accomodating. The office decor was modern, clean, very nice. The room was so much more than what I even imagined. As we walked in, to the right/behind, was a stairway, but didnt go up, just went in to check out the room, it was very nice. Newly remodeled(from what we were told later), modern upgrades, with a murphy in wall bed. The bed/bedding was super comfy too, there was also a gas fireplace, with granite platform, desk with cabinet housing a small fridge, microwave and safe. Looking out the sliding door, had a view of the breakfast patio, as well as the pool/hot tub and patio with heaters/fire pit. We put our stuff down, checked out the bathroom, which lit up as we entered(switches were automatic) with all new upgrades, modern mirror that lit up as well. Then we went upstairs where the room again, lit up. There was a nice ceiling fan set with a dimmer switch. King size bed was plush with down comforter and lots of pillows. A very nice, huge padded headboard(Pinterest savvy), as well as matching modern furnishings. In the closet hung 2 plush white robes and across was a full length mirror. The bathroom of the upstairs bedroom had the same lighted mirror as downstairs, a sky light, and a huge tub that fit both of us with plenty of room, super deep.

The only CON I would have would be the barking dogs, since this is a pet friendly place, I cant really complain because I did know this at the time that I booked it.

As far as the price, I have never spent $200 on a room in the past, but I was looking for a nice place, and being that it was in Monterey, alot of places were already booked, I went ahead and did it, booking a room with a king size bed. In the future, if I book this room, I will probably do it with another couple, not all room were double level(equivelent to a condo)...and all the amenities(including, free wi-fi, free parking in their garage, they also offer a free pass to the near by In-Shape health club, as well as free breakfast til 10am)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Rogers, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Just got back! This is a lovely, well maintained, very comfortable hotel. The room was very clean, and believe me, I inspect! Love it so much, I have stayed here twice in the 8 trips I have made to Monterey Bay. The staff is so gracious and helpful, especially our sweet little brunette who just started working the check in desk but she catered to our every need! We couldn't figure out the hot tub so she even locked the front desk to come fix the button! Beautiful landscaping and a charming fresh breakfast! The map is a bit misleading, it looks closer to the wharf and downtown. We walked it once, then took a cab for about 7 bucks. If you plan around the transit, it's great, we just like cabs. After walking all over town, the steady incline back to the hotel is like P90 workout or Insanity but we are over 40. I am a coffee snob and the in room coffee was by a well known chef but it was the only thing I didn't like. It is very convenient and reasonable. We stayed 4 nights andit was a great trip! Get a room with a fireplace, it's so lovely after the secluded hot tub!

Room Tip: If you can, get a king, preferably a suite. The rooms have fridge, microwave, safe, warm robes for t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Burbank, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed at the Mariposa Inn for 5 nights during our stay in Monterey in October 2012 and were very pleased with the hotel. Everything was very clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. We were very happy with the room we had, and the price. Although the room was small, it was very modern and clean and perfect for the two of us.. The complimentary breakfast was well stocked and in a very nice room. The location was good also; right across from the Del Monte Shopping Center, and easy access to Fisherman's Wharf, Cannery Row and the highways. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a stay in Monterey.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Mariposa Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!