My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights in July while attending a wedding and sightseeing. Friendly staff, well-groomed grounds, nice lobby and bar area. Our king room on the second floor had a comfortable bed, nice fresh linens, had room for an armchair and ottoman as well as a desk, and I loved our balcony overlooking the pool - would sit out there in the morning to drink my coffee (btw, the Starbucks coffee in the lobby is much better than what can be brewed in the room - it's worth the effort to get yourself a cup there.) Nicely groomed grounds with some lovely flowers; the pool area was sparkling clean, towels were picked up and fresh ones provided; there is a fire pit with cozy seating around it, and an elevated patio area where you could sit and enjoy the sun without the danger of being splashed. Free parking, free wi-fi, a short drive to downtown Monterey or the beach, and easy access to Highways 1 and 69 if you are going elsewhere. Now, the small issues: 1) The parking spaces in the garage are tight and you can end up in dead ends down there. By the second day, we just parked outside. 2) The building has long corridors - lots of breaks for access by stair, but only one elevator down to the garage. It's a long walk when you are moving your bags in or out. Not a problem for health folks, but if you have mobility issues, talk to the hotel staff about your room placement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Monterey just completed a full property renovation April, 2013 and sits nestled among majestic Monterey Pines and mature Live Oaks in a dramatic and colorful garden setting. We are conveniently located near California's scenic Highway 1, ½ a mile from the beautiful beaches of Monterey Bay, and less than three miles from Monterey Peninsula Airport. Our tastefully appointed hotel guestrooms and suites offer: Individually controlled heating and air conditioning, Private outdoor balcony, In-room refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker, complimentary wired and wireless high-speed Internet access and 42 inch flat screen hi-def TV's. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Monterey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Monterey Hotel Monterey
- Monterey Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Monterey