“A very nice experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 53 Hotels in Monterey
eugene, or
“A very nice experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

I was traveling on business and just needed a place to flop for the night between cities. I chose this Days Inn due to its close proximity to the highway and grocery stores. The staff here is so nice and inviting!! I ended up walking all the way down to the Wharf, which was quite a workout on the way back! It was a wonderful adventure!! The room was clean, the bed was soft, and I think it was one of the best showers I have had in a motel! Great water pressure and it was hot! The reason this wasn't a five-star visit was mainly in a couple things: The bathroom light switch is motion-sensitive, and I woke up in the middle of the night when it turned on by itself. Annoying, but not earth-shattering. Also, the breakfast selections were pretty unappealing. The muffins were all cut into quarters, and although I saw bread for toast, I didn't see much else that appealed. The coffee was really good, which is most important!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
daysinnmonterey, Manager at Days Inn Monterey-Fisherman's Wharf/Aquarium, responded to this review, April 7, 2014

I am glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel & we do appreciate your business.

As for the breakfast I apologize that the selections were not enough for you but we we are in a process to start a new breakfast menu coming Mid April which would include Yogurt and Freshly made porridge & some other changes.

Again, thank you for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Monterey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I took my girlfriend on our first getaway and this was a great place. Its got a great location, a fireplace in the room. the bed was super comfortable.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

daysinnmonterey, Manager at Days Inn Monterey-Fisherman's Wharf/Aquarium, responded to this review, March 25, 2014

Ping Chen City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

We stayed next to the breakfast room and could hear others accessing it. Each time the neibour used the shower next door to our room there was loud noise through the wall. The beds were better than Monterey Super 8.

Room Tip: Check the noise from the adjecent room before renting.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
daysinnmonterey, Manager at Days Inn Monterey-Fisherman's Wharf/Aquarium, responded to this review, March 10, 2014

Monterey, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

After going to a hotel down the street with mold EVERYWHERE (even after switching rooms) we frantically looking for a familiar hotel. We pulled into Days Inn and were pleased with the clean buildings and nice parking lot. The man working the the front desk was SUPER helpful and sympathetic. He showed us a few (clean, good smelling) rooms and let us pick the one we wanted. Since we are a family of four (with two 3 year olds!) we wanted a large space and sprung for a king suite with two rooms and a jacuzzi tub. Our girls loved the space to run and having their own room with their own TV that they could watch cartoons on! Incredibly reasonably priced with amazing staff. The room was up to date with fridge, gas fireplace, awesome jacuzzi tub and bonus room. The free wifi is amazing too! I recommend this hotel to everyone who comes to Monterey. Close to everything (including whole foods!) A+++

Room Tip: king suites have it all!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Advisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

I am glad that you and your family enjoyed our two room deluxe Jaccuzzi suite along with other facilities at the hotel.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Good bed! Nice flat tv screens, wifi, breakfast. Good area roght by shopping mall. Great front desk help. Fridge, microwave, coffie maker, all are really new and work great!!! On a trip from tx and me and my wife love it!!

• Stayed January 2014

Monterey, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

As soon as we walked in the room we were not disappointed. Room looks very clean and the furniture is very nice. All put together. I enjoyed walking in the room and it don't smoke like cigarette smoke. The location is great. The view is amazing. My boyfriend and I both agreed on staying here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
daysinnmonterey, Manager at Days Inn Monterey-Fisherman's Wharf/Aquarium, responded to this review, March 6, 2014

Again, thank you for staying with us.

Been to Days Inn Monterey-Fisherman's Wharf/Aquarium? Share your experiences!