“Convenient location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 54 Hotels in Monterey
Tokyo, Japan
“Convenient location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Very good selection of drinks and breakfast snacks.
Having TV in the Breakfast area is also very helpful.
Front Desk, very friendly and helpful.
Very quiet and comfortable rooms.
Convenient location close to the mall and to the freeway made our trip
very easy.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are large.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
daysinnmonterey, Manager at Days Inn Monterey-Fisherman's Wharf/Aquarium, responded to this review, February 12, 2014

Again, thank you for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Tracy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Room was a little small but comfortable. The walls are very thin, I was able to hear everything. The complimentary breakfast was very good.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Concord
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I love this motel and the Inn Keepers, the Patels are fantastic, friendly people. I love the location with the Del Monte Mall right across the street. I always sty here when I am in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

daysinnmonterey, Manager at Days Inn Monterey-Fisherman's Wharf/Aquarium, responded to this review, January 18, 2014

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Before I forget to write this , I went to check in early , I know check in isn't usually u til later , I get there at 12pm, i tell Prana, " I'm here to check in early " ......from the beginning she was just plain out rude . She said " come back at 3" .......so I told her " I know it's early but can you at least check if any rooms are available" she doesn't even try, and was very quick to remind me " check out is at 11am, and check in is at 3, come back later " ..... My thoughts on this, plenty of hotels to go to in Monterry , why not at least try to accommodate customers right ....we could certainly take our business elsewhere and right now is not peak season . So then I mention " so my mom is disabled ." , what I meant , is we've been in a car for 7 hours, hint hint....she still said " come back later " .....I had to ask her " when should we come back " themselves he says " after 1" ....so I go park somewhere , call Travelocity to get a refund and book somewhere else that treats customers like they care.....In turn, Travelocity called Sohail ,the Manager and magically within 5-10 mins since we left the property, our room was ready .Sohail was nice but I asked him , " how was my room ready in 5 mins so magically and why didn't Prana even try to accommodate us earlier knowing my mom was disabled" he tried to make up some excuse ( I believe it's a husband and wife team so....he couldn't say much )...I talked to one of the other staff and guess what , out of about 22 rooms, when Prana sent me away , only 10 were occupied, AND the parking lot was EMPTY . Wow so she is just rude and lacks in Customer service skills, she just did not want to help. What a great person to employ and make your business look good .

For this reason , we only stayed one night , and for the rest of the nights, we took our business elsewhere. somewhere where they just gave us some basic good customer service and dignity, and they cared.

Other than that , and the only reason I gave more than 1 star, is because the room was decent, it was clean, the property was quiet. Typical budget motel. And everything worked. In fact, I did like the actual room. Very comfortable. The continental breakfast was decent, toast, muffins, juice, coffee and fresh produce.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
daysinnmonterey, Manager at Days Inn Monterey-Fisherman's Wharf/Aquarium, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Christine,
thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Survey. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying.

I apolozise if one of our employees came across rude to you.
The reason she said what she said was because the room with 2 beds was not ready on the first floor which was what you wanted.
We had all our rooms open on the 2nd floor.

Again I apolozise on behalf of our employee and It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

Been to Days Inn Monterey-Fisherman's Wharf/Aquarium? Share your experiences!