“An all ok stay” 3 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #21 of 53 hotels in Monterey
“An all ok stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

The room was ok. Breakfast for USA was really good. The coffee slightly thin - but nevertheless an all around good stay for one night before hitting HWY#1. Internet is free and the code provided without asking during check in. The staff is friendly.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Management247, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Monterey by the Sea, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Lamaril,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! Our delicious complimentary hot breakfast is a delightful way to start your day. Guest service is our first priority at Comfort Inn Monterey by the Sea, and everyone on our team is delighted that you enjoyed yourself so much.

Safe Travels on HWY#1,

342 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Pickens, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

The room was great for the low price. Also, there was an issue with charges for the room and the Front Desk Manager(Janea Elliott) worked countless hours to correct the mistake. She provided exceptional customer service!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Tabby70

First off, please let me thank you for your kind compliments. I am so pleased that we were able to get everything taken care of. Thank you for being patient while I worked with the bank. I am delighted you enjoyed your room.

Please come and visit us again!

Best Regards,
pleasant ridge, mi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

This is a budget motel. It is priced correctly. It was great for our family bc it had separate rooms. One bedroom with a door and another room with 2 queen beds. Not luxury but we were not going to spend a lot of time there. I little musty. Good breakfast!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Management247, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Monterey by the Sea, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear drdotbrown,

I am delighted we were able to provide you with a good value motel! I am pleased Comfort Inn – Monterey by the Sea was able to fit your families needs. Our breakfast is so delicious – I am glad you enjoyed it.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you soon.

Plano, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We stayed at this motel, recently, for 3 nights.

The outside of the motel looks charming. There are a lot of beautiful flowers and plants placed all around the premises.

On night 2 of our stay, the smoke detector in our room went off and wouldn't stop. When I grabbed it to see if I could take the battery out, a swarm of large black ants exploded out of the smoke detector and across the ceiling. My kids were freaked out, as was I. I started mushing the ants on the ceiling and I called the front desk. The gentleman at the desk was very nice. It wasn't his fault this was happening. He told me there were no rooms available for us to move to. I called a few other places in town and they were all booked. The guy working the desk brought me wire cutters and I cut the wires of the smoke detector and the employee carried it away. He called me and said there was a nest inside it.

The rooms are musty smelling. They are patched here and there on the walls. There is obvious water damage repair here and there. There was an outlet cover that was broken in half so we could see right into the wall.

The bathrooms have been updated fairly recently with granite counters.

The beds are very springy with zero support, but I like that they are queen size.

The free breakfast is OK. The scrambled eggs were really bad and I question if they are real eggs, but they had hard boiled eggs so I had those after tasting the scrambled.

The swimming pool is very, very warm. Almost too warm. But fear not about Monterey being too cold to swim. This one is hot.

There is enough parking for everyone on a full night.

This place is right across the street from a nice shopping center with Starbucks, Island Burgers, Sushi, a Rite Aid, and other shops/restaurants.

I wouldn't go back simply because the rooms are smelly and I'm wondering what other nests of bugs exist, plus the beds are very old and springy.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Management247, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Monterey by the Sea, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Dear Scotmwalker,

I truly appreciate your comprehensive feedback. We want to hear the experience of our guests, good or bad. I am sorry for the discomfort you experienced as our guest. Our rooms and grounds are sprayed regularly for insects. I’m as shocked as you must have been to know there was a nest of ants in your smoke detector. The appropriate departments have been notified and the issues are being resolved.

Thank you for your kind words regarding our front desk employee. I’m happy to hear he was helpful in getting you what you needed to remove the smoke detector. We want each and every guest to enjoy every moment as our guest. I’m sorry that was not your experience. I hope the other aspects of your trip to Monterey went well. We hope you will give us another chance next time you are in our area.

Best Wishes to you and your family,
Hayward
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Our stay was wonderful! The experience was exceptional because of the wonderful staff and how willing they are to go above and beyond expectations. Mala was an absolute gem and provided the most genuine service. Her constant smile and positive attitude made my husband and I so comfortable and feel at home. It is staff like her that make the experience unique and personable!

• Stayed June 2014
Management247, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Monterey by the Sea, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear JessicaBrown2,

Thank you for your review and your positive review about Mala. Our staff prides themselves on being friendly and helpful in every way possible. Thank you for mentioning Mala by name. She was thrilled when I shared your kind words about her great service. We are here to make sure every guest has a comfortable and enjoyable time with us here at the Comfort Inn – Monterey by the Sea.

We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town!

Liverpool
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

We have visited Monterey many times over the last 20 years but it does seem to be getting more expensive so we had a change from the places we usual stay and gave the Comfort Inn a go. It is motel style on a strip that is mostly similar properties. Whilst fairly basic it was clean and had everything we needed. My husband needed to get a parcel delivered during our stay and the staff were very helpful dealing with this. The location is good, we walked to downtown in 15 minutes and the Del Monte Center where there is a cinema/drugstore/Whole Foods/restaurants is just over the road. I'm sure we'll be back in Monterey at some point and I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear sjanes,

Thank you for your kind review! I am so pleased that you chose to stay with us. Guest comfort and satisfaction is something we take great pride in providing to all of our valued guests, so I’m thrilled to hear the staff was able to help you with your parcel. I am so delighted you took a leisure walk downtown, to see some of the sites that Monterey has!

Thanks again for staying with us at Comfort Inn – Monterey by the Sea, we look forward to seeing you in the future!

Brisbane, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We stayed at the Comfort Inn this past weekend as we celebrated my sisters wedding.
We choose to stay at the Comfort Inn mostly based on price (the event was at the Monterey Plaza, so very expensive) but after comparing the two venues, I am so glad we chose this one!

The room and bathroom were both big. We had plenty of space in our two queen room, and the decor, while not particularly modern, was very clean and thoughtful. Little things like a microwave, iron/ironing board (full size!!), hair dryer, and breakfast buffet really make a family more at home. The grounds were well maintained and there were lots of flower boxes overflowing with color!
The location was excellent as well, less than 10mins to Cannery Row and the marinas.
I would stay here again, wedding or not!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Management247, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Monterey by the Sea, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Rachel,

Thank you for your review and your positive mention of our guest rooms! I’m delighted to hear our rooms left such a favorable impression. It is nice to be able to have the needed space when you are away from home. We strive to make each guest feel at home with our plentiful amenities. Our hot continental breakfast is a big hit with our guests! Our flower boxes are so pretty this time of year. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more wonderful!

Best Wishes,
888-930-7666

Been to Comfort Inn Monterey by the Sea? Share your experiences!