I have mixed feelings. The motel is cute on the outside with flowers down the walkways, but the room was pretty bad. The musty smell was obvious and never seemed to dissipate. The carpet was filthy. My kids' feet were black from running around the room barefoot. After noticing, we wore socks the rest of the time. It is in a convenient location, very close to Fisherman's wharf, cannery row and the aquarium. Staff was very friendly. Breakfast was good and plentiful. Pool was clean and nice and warm, but not relaxing as it is right on the busy street.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Monterey By The Sea Hotel Monterey
- Comfort Inn Monterey By The Sea Hotel
- Comfort Inn Monterey
- Monterey Comfort Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Inn is ideally located in Historic Monterey, within close proximity (2-15 miles) to major attractions in Monterey plus beaches,golf and many more activities for families,couples or individual travellers. 1 exit away from Pebble Beach/Carmel. Walk to restaurants/shopping/theaters. Gateway to Big Sur. Book your next room, getaway package deals, or call direct for group rates and enjoy all that Monterey has to offer. Take advantage of our off season rates and Aquarium package, whale watching package and Romance package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Choice Hotels, Orbitz, Travelocity, Olotels, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Comfort Inn Monterey by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.