“Monterey La Quinta” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #31 of 54 Hotels in Monterey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Hanford, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We took our grandchildren to Monterey for 3 nights, we loved the CLEAN accommodations. The personal were helpful, friendly and all around great attitude. I have grown to TRUST La Quinta's, I have stayed in many of them and this one did not disappoint. Great Job La Quinta good bang for the buck.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
StephanieHilton, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn Monterey, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review! I'm very happy that you enjoyed our property and staff, and we hope to have you with us again the next time you're in the area.
Visalia, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in July 2013 for three days. It was an older La Quinta but it seem clean and everyone seemed friendly. It was very close to everything we wanted to go and see and the walking/biking path was right outside the door of the hotel. The breakfast area is a bit small but the food was very good and lots of choices. The only disappointment was that I left a pair of my favorite shoes in the room and when I called back to check on how I could have them sent I was told that there were no shoes found in my room. I know exactly where I left them and it was in the room...so that kinda makes me nervous about staying there again because someone on their housekeeping staff is not trustworthy and they come into your room while you are gone to clean up and that makes me a bit nervous about leaving items in room while out on site seeing trips. But otherwise our stay was quite nice and I did love the location of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
StephanieHilton, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn Monterey, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and am glad that our location and breakfast worked well for you. At the same time, I am very sorry to hear that your shoes are missing. Our housekeeping staff have been with us for years and we trust them implicitly. If your shoes were left in your room after checkout, it is possible that one of our housekeepers mistakenly disposed of them. I am sorry if this is the case, but I can assure you it is an uncommon occurrence. Thank you for being our guest, and we hope to see you the next time you visit the area.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Exactly what I look for in a hotel. Clean rooms, helpful staff and a good nights sleep.
A short drive to the attractions of Monterey. A short walk to remote scenic beach.
Breakfast was well stocked although the standard continental fare with the addition of scrambled eggs and either bacon or sausage rotated daily I believe.
Coffee was available 24/7 a big plus. A pool was the only amenity my kids missed.
Helpful staff was knowledgeable about the area and attractions pointed out 2 days for 1 deal at the Monterey Aquarium using their hotel portal to buy tickets.
Thanks for a great stay!

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

StephanieHilton, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn Monterey, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
And thank you for a great review! We're so happy that you liked the hotel, and thanks so much for letting us know. I'm sorry about the pool, and wish that we had one to offer our guests. Unfortunately the City of Monterey's very strict water restrictions prohibit us from building one (or even a hot tub). Thank you for your understanding on this... and please come back and see us again next time you're nearby!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We've had good luck with the staff at just about all the La Quintas we've stayed at, but this place was really tops in that department. Aaron was so helpful, with recommendations on everything from great restaurants to which stores would have what we were looking for, etc., and maps to help us get anywhere we needed to go. Their free breakfast even had hot options like scrambled eggs and bacon, along with the usuals. Good clean rooms, quiet but handy location. We'd definitely recommend this place to anyone traveling to Monterey.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your wonderful recommendation! We are so glad that you liked the hotel and that Aaron was able to help you navigate your way around town. Thank you for letting us know, and please come back and see us next time you're in Monterey.
Concord, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

This hotel was full of surprises. Probably the best La Quinta I have stayed in. I expected to be staying nearer to the wharf so exiting the highway at Seaside made me think the hotel wasn't going to be much. I was wrong. The hotel is one of the best I've stayed at.. Just inside the Monterey city limits it was easy to get to following hotel directions. We arrived late yet the young woman at the desk was wide awake and very pleasant. The lobby was clean and I immediately felt comfortable. This is a pet free hotel so for a non-animal person with allergies it's great. Often non-smoking, no pets hotels still smell of smoke or animals from the people who think the rules are made to be broken. There was no smell in the lobby, the rooms or the breakfast room. Our room was clean and large enough for five of us to move around comfortably. We needed extra towels before retiring and the young woman at the desk brought them to us immediately - no waiting as is often the case. The bathroom was clean and the shower had great water pressure and the towels didn't scratch your skin off.
Breakfast was served longer than most La Quinta's which was nice for the late risers. This hotel had eggs and sausage in addition to the usual pastries, waffles and cereals. The breakfast room was larger than most and it was full.
Before checking out I overheard Aaron at the front desk speaking with otheguests about things to do in Monterey and the surrounding area. He was extremely friendly and very knowledgeable about sights interesting to adults. We were there with three children and Aaron was every bit as knowledgeable about things to do with the kids and had some excellent suggestions which turned out to be a lot of fun. I also found were were less than half a mile from our first fun spot.
I would highly recommend this hotel and I will stay there my next trip to Monterey.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Wow, you're making ME want to book my next weekend at the La Quinta Monterey! :) Thank you so much for such a wonderful review, we very much appreciate your taking the time to let us know what you liked about the hotel and especially appreciate the compliments to our staff and property. And are very very glad that you enjoyed your stay! Please come back and see us again soon.
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Love coming to Monterey and visiting the surrounding area and collecting sea glass.
The La Quinta Inn Monterey is located in a real good location, close to everything and they have a good friendly staff. I have stayed here several times and plan on several more.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

StephanieHilton, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn Monterey, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you so much!! We are delighted to hear that you enjoy the hotel and its location, amenities and staff to be just what you're looking for in Monterey. Thanks again for letting us know, we really look forward to seeing you again next time you're in town!