The hotel staff is outstanding. The breakfast service was typical LQ, but better than some that I've seen. Good variety and quantity. The room was well maintained and stocked; the typical LQ room. The free wi-fi is a nice bonus.
Despite being close to a freeway, the traffic noise at night was not a problem. It helps to request a room with "a view of the lake," which is opposite the freeway. Upon check-in I was advised that those rooms are a higher-price upgrade, but I got the lower price as a LQ Rewards member. That also helps getting the best price--registering online in advance on the LQ website with your member number.
Incidentally, don't pass up the in-room coffee provided by LQ. The coffee they serve at breakfast is fine, but that stuff in the little in-room packet is really great.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn Monterey Hotel Monterey
- La Quinta Inn Monterey Hotel
- La Quinta Hotel Monterey
- La Quinta Monterey
- Monterey La Quinta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The La Quinta Inn Monterey is a moderately priced hotel conveniently located off Highway 1 in Monterey, California just 2 blocks from Del Monte Beach. Offering a wide range of features and amenities for government and leisure travelers, the La Quinta Inn is situated just steps from the beautiful Monterey Bay and just 3 miles from the Monterey Peninsula Airport. The La Quinta Inn offers 48 newly renovated deluxe guest rooms, all with comfortable beds, deluxe bedding and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, LaQuinta, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your La Quinta Inn Monterey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.