“Good value, clean quiet” 4 of 5 stars

You added Super 8 Monterey/Carmel to your Saves list
Super 8 Monterey/Carmel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1300 Munras Ave., Hwy 68/1, Monterey, CA 93940   |
Ranked #11 of 53 Hotels in Monterey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Booked a room with 2 king beds and a wall to separate them and a shared bathroom with 2 doors. Hint this is not for one person but more for a family. The room was paid for in full and when I got there I was told that I had to pay more money when I told them that 4 adults and one child are staying in the room. they were like no you have to pay more money for the same room. I was like but I have already paid for entire room with all the things that comes with it. They could not justify why they want to charge me the $90 and all he kept saying the reservation came for less. So they wouldn’t question why one person would order a big room with 2 huge beds that can fit easily 6 people. Crazy. I though by booking a huge room it is up to me to have one person or 4 people sleep in it. I had to pay the extra $90 since I was forced or cancel my reservation and go look for a new place in the last minutes. good thing I used my CC so of course I disputed the charge. I won’t even mention how bad the room up keeping was from bathroom doors that don’t latch to hard as wood pillows. Very noisy at night and we had a baby that could not sleep. Never again

Room Tip: find a another place
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Klamath Falls, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Clean rooms with air conditioning that worked well. Nice updated tv and refrigerator. Beds were decently comfortable. We enjoyed the hot tub and pool, but the sauna did not seem to work. The only problems I had was that the internet did not seem to work that well and also the refrigerator made a ringing sound that was quite annoying. Overall the stay was worth the money in this neck of the woods.

• Stayed September 2014
super8mry, Manager at Super 8 Monterey/Carmel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I am glad that you found our accommodations, comfort, and convenience to be a good value for the rate. However, I wish that your expectations had been exceeded in quality amenities. I hope our services and accommodations will exceed your expectations during your next visit!
Pacific Grove, Ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We decided to get a room for our nephew and family for ONE night on Labor Day Weekend, the busiest weekend of the year. The hotel had one room with two kings for $300 plus tax. Horrible price, but this is Monterey!! And at least we found a place for them to stay. Almost all other places demand two nights every weekend. Room was spotless, office was helpful.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you so much for your compliments, rating, and review of our high housekeeping and cleanliness standards. It is our ultimate goal to give each guest the best value and most comfortable and convenient experience at the most affordable rate. For this reason, our rates are competitive within the area, and I sincerely apologize if you did not receive your money's worth in accommodations and hospitality. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and to bring these matters to our attention.
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel is minutes away from theHighway 1 gate entrance for the 17 mile drive Pebble Beach.
This is a motel style property--we had a nice room with clean Queen bed, sofa, fridge. microwave, and coffeemaker. The super start breakfast in the small lobby consists of cereal,yogurt, bread and packaged danish. Fisherman's Wharf is a 5 minute drive. We would recommend this property.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
super8mry, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Monterey/Carmel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your review, your feedback, and your comments regarding your stay. We are also very happy that you found our location to be convenient. It means a lot to hear from guests who are satisfied with all of our services and amenities. Your feedback will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to provide an exceptional and memorable experience for every guest.
Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and I came down from San Francisco for 2 days and just needed a place to spend the night, since everything was about sightseeing. This served us very well, FOR THE PRICE.
That area can be quite expensive,quaint and charming, but if that's not what you seek in accommodations, this Super 8 is a good value. It's easy in, easy out. Clean and accommodating. We stayed on the 2nd floor and there was NO traffic noise.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
super8mry, Manager at Super 8 Monterey/Carmel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you so much for your compliments, rating, and review of our high housekeeping and cleanliness standards. We seek to give each guest a very comfortable and accommodating experience and we are thrilled to hear of our success in this ambition. We look forward to serving you again in the future!
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Spent one night here. Clean and nice - just like the motels you see in the movies! Good service and a shopping village over the road for convenience. The breakfast is light which is a nice change from the huge portions you get in the States. It would of got five stars however there is slight odour in the rooms.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing the details about your recent visit. We appreciate that you have taken the time to let us know how you perceived our accommodations. We hope that you were satisfied with the hospitality of our staff and the convenience of our amenities and we hope to see you again soon.

Been to Super 8 Monterey/Carmel? Share your experiences!