“A great budget hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Pacific Inn Monterey

Save Saved
You added Pacific Inn Monterey to your Saves list
Pacific Inn Monterey
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2332 N Fremont Street, Monterey, CA 93940 (Formerly Ramona Inn)   |
Special Price
Book Direct and Save!
Ranked #43 of 53 hotels in Monterey
White Salmon, Washington
“A great budget hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I enjoyed my recent stay at the Pacific Inn. The property was very neat and tidy. The rooms were very large by todays standards. The bed was comfortable & the room was clean. I also liked the fact that they had Dish TV and a larger refridgerator in the room. The bathroom was a bit small, but it was quite adequate. I wouldstay here again in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

117 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights on our road trip down the coast. Service from manager and employees was exceptional! Great room, very clean, fridge, microwave and great value. Location excellent! Great stay and highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2013
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

I was very skeptical about this hotel after I reserved it on Hotwire. The most recent reviews were very negative and I was concerned about safety because I'm a single mom with a toddler.
We arrived several hours later than our original itinerary and we were unable to go to the aquarium because it was obviously after 7 PM in fact it was more like 9:30 PM and it was dark out.

Our room was perfectly clean, it was nicer than I expected, it"s a small hotel with a small parking area, all the cars there were very nice vehicles. No matter where you parked you were really close to your room because of the way the hotel is set up.

The breakfast in the morning is just perfect for something you want to grab quick and get back on the road.

The people I encountered the front desk attendant, the cleaning attendant, everyone was extremely nice and professional.

We will be back if we ever come back to Monterey.

• Stayed June 2013
merced
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for my birthday on Saturday May, 25 2013. I inadvertently left a pair of very special shoes behind. We checked out Sunday and went directly home where I unpacked and realized I had left my shoes. They were very unique and the last thing my mother gave me before she died. I immediately called the manager and left my information. He promised to call me right back when he had the shoes. He never called. I kept on it calling every day, several times a day leaving the same information again with the manager as well as with the owner and front desk man. They always promised to call right back but not once did they. Finally one week later I spoke again to the manager who said they did not have my shoes. Despite having a lost and found policy they were never turned in or logged in by housekeeping. I told him exactly where I left those shoes and offered a $50 reward. I am responsible for leaving them behind, however nothing overides honesty, especially if you want to operate a good business. The manager said he trusted his staff and thought I was a liar. I got angry and advised him that California law requires the finder of property to make a reasonable attempt to locate its owner, otherwise keeping the item is THEFT! My family has stayed at this location more than 50 times only because it's cheap and we were attending relatives' graduation ceremonies from the Naval Academy. Not a single one of us will ever go back.

Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We paid $175 for two nights through Expedia for this hotel or as i put it, "motel". there is a reason why their website does not show you the outside of the hotel. http://pacificinnmonterey.com/... ripped carpets on outside stairs, chipped paint, old railings, and just old. the place needs a facelift badly! That is a cheap price for this area. But considering that I was fooled by the pictures all together, i feel ripped off. the inside of the room was better. the bed was pretty firm. The sinked was plugged (filled up with water) and only two bath towels that felt old and used. the bathroom did not seem clean and the paint was chipped in the room too. It felt more like a motel 6 than a "hotel" and I can not see paying more than $50 a night for this. We never had the breakfast but were also never told about it. Ian seemed nice but gave me no receipt and treated me different since i paid through Expedia. He never said anything about the breakfast. The whole experience was strange and i would not go back. Don't let their website fool you people.

Room Tip: they are also not organized, were suppose to reschedule me and did not, they found a room at last mi...
South Yarmouth, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed here one night on a recent road trip in California. The first thing we noticed was that the area and the other guests were a little sketchy. The front desk clerk, while attempting to be amusing and helpful, was a bit strange. After assigning a room to us on the second floor, he asked us to wait a minute and ran up to inspect the room and then assigned another room to us on the first floor!?! The room we got was no prize, I can assure you. I can only imagine what the other room was like. The room we got had badly stained carpeting and towels that were very thin and stained. They should have been replaced a long time ago. We went out to a local restaurant for dinner and when we returned, our parking spot was taken. We had a couple of other choices in parking spaces, but took care in selecting one that was under the lights for a small measure of security. To the hotels credit, the bed was very comfortable and had nice bedding. But that being said, we couldn't wait for morning so we could get out of there. It was a good price, but no bargain, in my opinion.

California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

The staff person we dealt with here was very nice, and they waived the dog fee for us. They have mini fridges and microwaves in the rooms. But that was where the positives ended.

We arrived late and found that they gave us a room with two full beds -- way too small for both me and my husband. So we ended up sleeping in separate beds (weird). The room reeked of cigarette smoke and we both have allergies. I opened the window to let in some air and realized the area outside was very noisy -- cars going by, doors being slammed, people talking, etc. The blanket on the bed was extremely thin and it was pretty cold; I couldn't find any extra blankets in the room.

I went out to the car at one point and walked behind a guy who reeked of marijuana. When I took the dog out in the morning, there was almost no where for her to do her business. I ended up finding a small piece of dirt littered with cigarette butts.

All this for 9 hours at $100. No wonder they waived the pet fee; if we'd paid $125 for that, I would have bee livid. We won't be coming back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Pacific Inn Monterey? Share your experiences!