“Worst night on our road trip” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Pacific Inn Monterey

You added Pacific Inn Monterey to your Saves list
Pacific Inn Monterey
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2332 N Fremont Street, Monterey, CA 93940 (Formerly Ramona Inn)   |
Ranked #34 of 54 Hotels in Monterey
South Yarmouth, Massachusetts
“Worst night on our road trip”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed here one night on a recent road trip in California. The first thing we noticed was that the area and the other guests were a little sketchy. The front desk clerk, while attempting to be amusing and helpful, was a bit strange. After assigning a room to us on the second floor, he asked us to wait a minute and ran up to inspect the room and then assigned another room to us on the first floor!?! The room we got was no prize, I can assure you. I can only imagine what the other room was like. The room we got had badly stained carpeting and towels that were very thin and stained. They should have been replaced a long time ago. We went out to a local restaurant for dinner and when we returned, our parking spot was taken. We had a couple of other choices in parking spaces, but took care in selecting one that was under the lights for a small measure of security. To the hotels credit, the bed was very comfortable and had nice bedding. But that being said, we couldn't wait for morning so we could get out of there. It was a good price, but no bargain, in my opinion.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

The staff person we dealt with here was very nice, and they waived the dog fee for us. They have mini fridges and microwaves in the rooms. But that was where the positives ended.

We arrived late and found that they gave us a room with two full beds -- way too small for both me and my husband. So we ended up sleeping in separate beds (weird). The room reeked of cigarette smoke and we both have allergies. I opened the window to let in some air and realized the area outside was very noisy -- cars going by, doors being slammed, people talking, etc. The blanket on the bed was extremely thin and it was pretty cold; I couldn't find any extra blankets in the room.

I went out to the car at one point and walked behind a guy who reeked of marijuana. When I took the dog out in the morning, there was almost no where for her to do her business. I ended up finding a small piece of dirt littered with cigarette butts.

All this for 9 hours at $100. No wonder they waived the pet fee; if we'd paid $125 for that, I would have bee livid. We won't be coming back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Camarillo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I've stayed at this motel 3 to 4 times in the last year. manager is friendly and helpful. it is clean and excellent at this price range. It's also a good location with market and restaurants within blocks.

they are no longer part of the best western chain so let's see if it changes for the better or worse.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
North Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I checked in during late November 2012 and paid for 4 nights in advance. After becoming very sick, I decided to return home the next day. They refused to refund my three days in advance that I had paid. They said they would send me a check. I have called twice and each time they said a check would go out the next day. I wrote a letter of complaint to Best Western, but they could help because their contract with the Ramona Inn had been cancelled. Now it is February 2013, almost 3 month have gone by and I still have not received my refund. I would not recommend this motel.

Room Tip: find another motel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Georgetown, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

The rooms were clean, comfortable, and economical. The service we received from the manager, associates, and employees was over and above what was required during our stay. They certainly showed much consideration and respect for their customers. We were allowed an extended checkout since our flight was later that day.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
sacramento,ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

My wife and I stayed here the Friday through Sunday Thanksgiving weekend 2012. I searched the many reviews in Tripadvisor for a place to stay when my usual spot sold out. I settled on the Ramona Inn after reading good reviews about the place as well as the great service from " Bill ", whom I am guessing is the manager and also because of the competitive price. The hotel is on Freemont , which is a main street in Monterey. It was not too busy but had regular traffic. Driving up to the lot, I was worried of road noise during the evening and night. Well, no worry, it was quiet at night, every night. So quiet , I slept in late Sunday when usually I'm up early every morning! Upon checking in, Bill was very pleasant and efficient. check in was quick and easy !!! Our room key( electronic card key) did not work at first but Bill had it fixed in a jiffy !!! Room was king size bed, tv with plenty of channels to chose from, refer, ironing board with iron, a/c-heat, coffee maker and desk with swivel chair and free WIFI. Room was clean and neat with not a thing to complain about! Ample parking within the complex or outside of the office. Park outside the office since it would be easier to come and go. No security issues as everything is well lit and did not see any unwanteds hanging around. This will be my new favorite spot to stay in the future as it is near everything!! P.S leave the housekeepers a tip as they work very hard to keep the rooms clean and tidy !!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Pacific Inn Monterey? Share your experiences!