“Good value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pacific Inn Monterey

Save Saved
You added Pacific Inn Monterey to your Saves list
Pacific Inn Monterey
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2332 N Fremont Street, Monterey, CA 93940 (Formerly Ramona Inn)   |
Ranked #41 of 53 hotels in Monterey
HERTS
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

This hotel was booked through Expedia and was good value as the weekend was busy in Monterey with Jazz Festival and another event, so prices were sky high, the room was clean and comfortable, Manager was very helpful and pleasure to deal with. Location was on main road but quiet in rooms.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

117 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

Usually Best Western is one chain I can count of for at least a good motel/hotel. The Ramona Inn was cheaper so I was not expecting a great place, but this was below Best Western's standards IMO. The first impression we got when we entered the room was the wall lamp over the bed was loose and tilting over the bed. It was the bed my mother was going to sleep in (nearer to the bathroom) and I was afraid it was going to fall off onto her head. The bathroom sink clogged up when we turned it on; it eventually went down. The shower drain was slow draining as well. Also the faucet handle on the sink was so stuck my mother could not turn it on/off (I even had trouble moving it). The carpet looked worn and there was paint peeling off the walls in a few places. The parking lot spaces were cramped and very unusual; I did not like trying to park there. The next morning we got breakfast and had to bring it back to our room because the breakfast area is also small and cramped. We arrived after dark so I did not really notice the outside of the building; looking at it in the morning, if I was driving by with no reservation I would not have stayed there. It is dreary looking and all the plants in the hanging planters were dead. When I took my problems with the lamp, sink, shower, etc. to the counter, the clerk seemed disinterested. Just to say something positive, the place was clean, not too noisy, and no bugs and the breakfast was fairly good.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

Here's the facts within 5 minutes of entering my room

1. Went to use the toilet and someone else did a big poop that was only partly flushed away.
2. Hair in the bathroom
3. Bath towel was very damp
4. Sink backed up within 15-20 seconds
5. Smoke alarm loose
6. Old TV didn't display the HDTV stations
7. 8 or 8:15AM breakfast is late for the early traveler--is their intent to save on food?

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

When we first entered our room, it smelled of air freshener trying to cover up another odor, which we initially assumed to be smoke. However, as we settled into to our room, we realized that it was more likely mold/mildew. Upon taking off our shoes, we found the floor (carpet, tiles) to be noticeably wet. Even the sheets and towels were damp. For an evening it was tolerable given the price, but had we been staying longer we would have been looking for another hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

I stayed here in August 2011 as part of my vacation through California and I must say it was one the worst Best Western's I ever stayed at. The towels are worn out and needed replacing years ago, the breakfast area is disgusting, just an all around dingy hotel. The only positive is that it offers free parking and is very close to Highway 1. Come on Best Western fix this place up!

Room Tip: You need a 2nd floor room as you will definately be able to hear people walking around upstairs if y...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

The room was nice and clean. The staff was helpful. Unfortunately we were on the 1st floor and ended up with a family upstairs that had 3 bratty kids. They were up at the break of dawn and didn't go to bed til midnight. The staff should make sure to put families with small kids on the first floor because it's hell for the people on the floor level. Other than that no complaints, we used their pool and hot tub too :)

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Went for a family wedding. The room was clean and had fridge and microwave in the room. Service was good and breakfast was stocked and served until 1030a for those who sleep in. I am not a nit picker, as some reviewers I've read, so the rag on the counter for clearning or the staff eating a breakfast bun did not bother me. For the price, especially compared to some in the area, was perfect for my needs. Although they had cards to hang towels if you don't want the washed, they did change them every day. Good for clean towels, not so good for doing what they said to save water.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to Pacific Inn Monterey? Share your experiences!