“Best Western Plus Monterey” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #21 of 53 Hotels in Monterey
Redding, California
“Best Western Plus Monterey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Nice hotel, staff were pleasant and helpful. Good location for access to downtown,free trolley stop within a couple blocks, good restaurants. The only down side was that you could not get into the breakfast room to eat as it is a very small area. We ate at the Denney's across the street or the Starbuck or 1 of numerous little bakery's in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Sacramento, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Best Western Plus Monterey has a helpful, friendly staff at front desk and repair. The TV was not working but staff attended to it immediately fixed it. We were surprised and disappointed to find the hotel does not have air conditioning throughout hotel. Usually Monterey weather is cool so having sliding door open is ok but it was very warm the first day and night. Breakfast is average with eggs and bacon that were not good. We ate at Denny's across the street, a step up in quality of food. Location is good to walk to one shop area and to Fisherman's Wharf. Walking distance to shuttle pick up to aquarium and Cannery Row. We might stay there again unless we wanted closer to ocean. Room 110 is across from exit door so noisy at night and early morning.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

The room and bathroom were very clean. Found the bed to be soooo comfortable. This Best Western is easy walking distance to the wharf and the old town businesses. The desk clerk let us know about a street market that was close by. It was the best street market I've ever seen. Also how to get to the Aquarium. The breakfast selection was pretty normal with scrambled eggs, bacon and a selection of cereal, yogurt, juice, etc. Anyone can find SOMETHING to eat, you won't starve. If you want a really nice sit-down breakfast you need to go out.

Decatur, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The room quality and the price for the room did not match. Worst suite I have ever stayed in for the price. Very disappointed with the room quality; needs updating. Hallway carpet old; needs updating. Breakfast area too small for the size of hotel and the number or guests.

bay area, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I was very pleased with this Best Western. I try to stay at Best Westerns whenever I can since I'm a rewards member and the prices are usually really good. We did arrive early and I forgot check-in wasn't till the afternoon. The lady at the front desk kind of gave me a weird look when I gave her my name and said I had reservations. Then she told me I was too early and check-in wasn't until 3pm. I know some places will try to get you in early if they can, but she didn't even check to see if there were any rooms available. Not a problem, we decided to go to the aquarium and have an early dinner. The hotel has a nice lobby. The room was clean and a really good size. We had a balcony but no chairs to sit outside. We did face the street and it was a bit loud (we kept the window open since there's no AC). However, the street noise didn't bother us. The room was clean and the bathroom was nice. We did take advantage of the continental breakfast. The breakfast room was crowded but we always managed to grab a table. There was a good assortment of breakfast items: make-your-own waffles, sausages or bacon, eggs, cereal, danishes, toast, bagels, donuts, oatmeal, etc. My son and husband used the pool and hot tub. We checked ahead and were told the pool would be heated. However, both my son and husband said the pool was pretty chilly. The staff at check out (in the morning) were pleasant. Overall, we had a good stay and I would definitely come back again.

Salem, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This was one of the nicest Best Western Motels I have stayed in. If they were all like this Best Western I would be a loyal Best Western Customer. Although I think they should have their continental breakfast begin earlier, everything was to my standard and expectations. I recommend this motel for anyone visiting this area for business or pleasure. It is centrally located and secure parking in the parking deck gave me a sense of security for my vehicle as well.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Milpitas, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Imagine a hotel with no air conditioning. It does not matter where it is, or what the climate is like, no air conditioning, and sun beating down on the building, means the rooms are hot. The area means the rooms are humid. When it cools down outside, the room is still hot and humid. No cross ventilation, only a sliding glass door. The ceiling fan stirs up the hot and humid air, until well after dark. Apparently you cannot just assume that a hotel, even one THAT expensive, has air conditioning. Other than that we had a great time...

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Monterey Inn? Share your experiences!