“Spacious rooms, helpful staff, nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #17 of 54 Hotels in Monterey
Moraga, California
“Spacious rooms, helpful staff, nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I have stayed here many, many times and have never been disappointed. The rooms are big, which is great if you are a family. Nice breakfast in the morning. Very clean rooms. I have never had a problem here. I only wish they would accept pets.
Also, a previous reviewer mentioned a view of the ocean. He must be thinking of a different place. The Monterey Inn is not on the beach but the parking is free.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are bigger and have a vcr or dvd player. I think they are referred to as the "...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Pleasant Hill, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised at my stay here. Sometimes BW can be a bit budget in the rooms and amenities. Though their is another BW up the street that is probably more on the budget side, the Monterey Inn is definitely a nice one. For those not familiar, don't confuse the two motels. The other is on Munras but Abrego forks off and you could be confused. I stayed mid week in 302 on the 3rd floor. Maybe a bit too close to the ice machine so you may want to ask to be further away. Otherwise, the room was great. Room was clean, bed was very comfortable, had wireless internet, coffee maker, and balcody so you can get fresh air. I didn't need A/C so if you go in summer/fall with warm temps, you might want to see if there is A/C as it could get warm. They didn't have a ceiling fan. I also loved how the bathroom had a motion detector so if you went into the bathroom in the middle of the night, a very low nightlight came on so you could see but not be blinded. Loved that! Continental breakfast was more substantial than most - hot eggs/french toast or pancakes, muffins/bagels/toast, cereal, yogurt, fruit, juice and coffee. Can't ask for much more when it is free. indoor free parking with elevator access. I paid $103/ night online though I know summer and weekends would be higher. I didn't use the pool but it was on the small side. Not really where I would want to hang out - but who cares since I would spend time in town and on the beach! Can't beat the value. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We had originally planned to stay in Carmel, at an Inn suggested to us by family; we arrived after 8pm & they wanted to charge us full price for the night, we assumed as it was late & unlikely they would fill all rooms on a Sunday night, we would get a decent discount. So we proceeded to Monterey. We used our GPS to find "nearby hotels" & found the Best Western Plus. We were quite happy to hear that they were willing to discount the room for us!!! Our room was very nice, big, clean & comfortable. The underground parking is nice as well. I woke up sick the next morning & was slow to start, when I got to the breakfast room the ladies were cleaning everything up & asked if I wanted anything, they would grab it for me, very nice!!

Penticton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

A typical Best Western Plus. The rooms are a good size, location is quite good, though you will still have to drive to the hot spots in the city and the waterfront. The property is a little older with panel doors, etc, but it is very clean, freshly painted and has a nice lobby and pool area. Quite a busy road, but close the balcony door and it is silent.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on a trip down the coast in September 2012. We had booked one night but like it so much we stayed an extra day. The place is clean and very well maintained. Our room was large and decorated nicely, noise was minimal and the staff were friendly and helpful. It was a pleasant surpise after getting some iffy places the couple nights before this.

Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We arrived in Montery on 8th September 2012 for two nights. We had booked ahead and when we arrived we were given room 116. This is a huge room on the ground floor. It has a balcony at the side( no outside furniture) and another sliding door at the front, both of which have bug screens. The beds, bathroom and everything were spotless and very comfortable. Complimentary wifi and parking are always welcome. We enjoyed our stay here very much.

Room Tip: Room 116 is a very big room, it has a table and chairs in the room with plenty of room to move aroun...
Kelowna, B.C.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

We drive into Monterey without hotel reservations and booked here. We asked to view the room first and were sent up to the top(3rd) floor and were very pleasantly surprised to find brand new renos. Everything from the furniture to the tissue box was brand new. The room even had a fireplace, for you romantic folk.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Monterey Inn? Share your experiences!