If you manage to get a room facing the ocean, you're totally in luck. The views are beautiful, and it can be quiet. However, if you get a room on the opposite of the hotel, beware. The highway noise kept me awake. I had to move rooms twice - the first room the air conditioning unit was not working, and the second room was too noisy for me to sleep. They finally upgraded me to an ocean view room and I could sleep. The hotel could use an upgrade - the rooms had a tired and overused feel to them. Staff were helpful and responsive. There is not a lot immediately around the hotel for restaurants or other services. I did not have a car (business trip) and felt stuck with nothing to do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step into Monterey’s only beachfront resort and approach the front desk where our charming staff will check you into one of our 196 spacious rooms. What will you do next? That’s entirely up to you. At Unscripted Hotels, we offer engaging alternatives to the typical hotel experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Booking.com, Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Unscripted Monterey Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Beach Resort Monterey Hotel Monterey
- Monterey Best Western
- Best Western Monterey Beach Resort