If you manage to get a room facing the ocean, you're totally in luck. The views are beautiful, and it can be quiet. However, if you get a room on the opposite of the hotel, beware. The highway noise kept me awake. I had to move rooms twice - the first room the air conditioning unit was not working, and the second room was too noisy for me to sleep. They finally upgraded me to an ocean view room and I could sleep. The hotel could use an upgrade - the rooms had a tired and overused feel to them. Staff were helpful and responsive. There is not a lot immediately around the hotel for restaurants or other services. I did not have a car (business trip) and felt stuck with nothing to do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Monterey's only beach-front full service hotel, The Beach Resort Monterey boasts some of the most expansive views available of the Monterey Bay. Blending California beach casual with superior comfort and professionalism, the Beach Resort Monterey offers a relaxing alternative from the distractions of downtown, with the convenience of being only minutes away from the areas favorite attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Groupon, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Monterey Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Beach Resort Monterey Hotel Monterey
- Monterey Best Western
- Best Western Monterey Beach Resort