Unfortunately we only had one night in the Best Western during our California road trip, but chose it because of its fantastic location - right on the beach. If you like going to sleep to the sound of the surf, this is the place for you.
Fantastic location with awesome views of Monterey bay and the penninsular.
Easy to find and just a short drive from Monterey itself.
Fourth floor restaurant serves excellent food with a terrific view.
Our sea front room was spacious, clean and comfortable - slept very well.
We stayed in 8 hotels in California/Nevada/Arizona and this was the only one where we had to pay to park ($17 a night)! Even in LA and SFO the parking was free and considering it is well out of town, this is a bit of a cheek.
It was also the only hotel where we had to pay extra for breakfast. My eggs and bacon came cold and I had to send it back - not great for $7.
The hotel is showing its age and is suffering from the exposed location and salt atmosphere.
If you don't mind a little shabby and being out of town, then the location makes this hotel an excellent choice for a quiet and relaxing stay. Not that cheap when you factor in the parking and breakfast though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step into Monterey’s only beachfront resort and approach the front desk where our charming staff will check you into one of our 196 spacious rooms. What will you do next? That’s entirely up to you. At Unscripted Hotels, we offer engaging alternatives to the typical hotel experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Priceline, BookIt.com and Groupon so you can book your Unscripted Monterey Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Beach Resort Monterey Hotel Monterey
- Monterey Best Western
- Best Western Monterey Beach Resort