We stayed at this hotel based on reviews, location, and price. Front desk personnel were all very friendly. The lobby area is big with wide open views of the Pacific Ocean. We were assigned a room downstairs originally, but I asked for a different room, preferably on the second floor for two reasons - the original room looked dirty and the door didn't close very well. The room we finally stayed in was on the second floor and was cleaner, with bigger blankets, and yes, the door closed easily. We have stayed at various hotels close to the beach and we basically experience the same thing over and over again - the rooms are usually older, and yes, there will be sand almost everywhere, especially in the bathroom tub. The bathtub in our room didn't drain very well. I assume it's because it has accumulated lots of sand in the drain. Other than these, we really stayed at this hotel for its location and the price we were paying. We're not staying there forever. We enjoyed the beach, the sand, Monterey hangouts, and the restaurant upstairs. We will most likely stay at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step into Monterey’s only beachfront resort and approach the front desk where our charming staff will check you into one of our 196 spacious rooms. What will you do next? That’s entirely up to you. At Unscripted Hotels, we offer engaging alternatives to the typical hotel experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Priceline and EasyToBook so you can book your Unscripted Monterey Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Beach Resort Monterey Hotel Monterey
- Monterey Best Western
- Best Western Monterey Beach Resort