For our money, this great-valued beachfront stay with the family met our expectations. The lobby features a giant view of the ocean, a lounge and a fireplace, and fun place to mingle. The hotel staff were all nice and friendly, from the front desk to the restaurant. The ocean view rooms are magnificent, with beach access a few feet from our room. You are a few miles from all the action in Monterey, but for us it made it nice and quieter.
The restaurant was nice, but it would've been nice to have a second, more economical restaurant option on property. Also, the pool never seemed to have towels stocked. Although they prefer you not bring your room towels, I'm not about to drip dry in overcast weather. If you stay there plan on bringing a backup towel to the pool.
The biggest issue with the hotel was all the smokers. The hotel bills itself as a smoke-free hotel, with designated smoking areas by the beach wall. But it was like a tobacco convention, people smoking right in front of our room, smoke coming through the walls, and cigarette butts all over the place. I'm a live and let live kinda guy, but after a day or so I finally called the front desk to rat out my neighbors. The front desk sounded genuinely concerned and assured me they were looking into it. If I was the hotel manager I'd take a proactive approach and put warning notices on doors.
One more thing, get ready to shell out $17/day for parking. While some complain about the fee, I just factored it in to the overall cost per night when picking a hotel. If anything, a bigger complaint should be that tiny lot on the east side. The property seems aged, but they maintain it well. Overall, you get what you pay for and more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Monterey's only beach-front full service hotel, The Beach Resort Monterey boasts some of the most expansive views available of the Monterey Bay. Blending California beach casual with superior comfort and professionalism, the Beach Resort Monterey offers a relaxing alternative from the distractions of downtown, with the convenience of being only minutes away from the areas favorite attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Monterey Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Beach Resort Monterey Hotel Monterey
- Monterey Best Western
- Best Western Monterey Beach Resort