This hotel (three stories) built a sea wall for high tide. I have stayed there twice. The first time I saw no reason for the wall. This past December, I did. The moon was full, close to earth, and we had 8' waves. They pounded the wall all night. We had an ocean side room and love every thumping minute of it! The hotel is, obviously, right on a really good beach, which (not so obviously) is part of a state park with dunes and good walking sand. Surfers come here also. The rooms are excellent, with one very, very large window each. There are two types of shades one can draw if the ocean lets you visually. The restaurant is quite good...serving interesting meals. The restaurant also has very large picture windows, and the lobby has floor to ceiling windows. The location is very, very close to all of the area attractions, and there are at least a million. Book ahead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Monterey's only beach-front full service hotel, The Beach Resort Monterey boasts some of the most expansive views available of the Monterey Bay. Blending California beach casual with superior comfort and professionalism, the Beach Resort Monterey offers a relaxing alternative from the distractions of downtown, with the convenience of being only minutes away from the areas favorite attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Best Western, EasyToBook, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Monterey Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Beach Resort Monterey Hotel Monterey
- Monterey Best Western
- Best Western Monterey Beach Resort