Stayed at the hotel in November 2012. The address, Sand Dunes Drive, made us think it might be a good location, but nothing prepared us for the stunning views, the sunsets are spectacular to watch. We had booked a room on "beach side" and from the time we arrived, the staff made us feel particularly welcome and nothing was too much trouble for them. The room itself was clean, tidy and reasonably well organised, but the bathroom was a little cramped - watch you don't jam your toes as you close the door. One tip for anyone on beach side - take earplugs. you cannot turn down the sound of the waves crashing onto the shore. We decided to eat in the restaurant in the evening so got there early (before 5.30 pm). Thank goodness we did - it soon became really busy, but the food was fantastic - the orchid flower decoration adding the finishing touch to my meal - edible I was told, but it was just too pretty to eat. Although they were really busy the staff were attentive and very friendly. At one point the chef even appeared to talk to the guests - a lovely surprise for those dining. We also had breakfast the following morning and the selection was good, well prepared and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Again, just make sure you arrive as early as you can - it is very popular. We had to extend our stay by one night as we realised it was Thanksgiving and we did not want to be on the busy roads. Although there was initially a small misunderstanding about the new room, the member of staff on reception sorted it out quickly and arranged for all our luggage to be moved to our new room on the "garden side". It was definitely quieter but the bathroom was even smaller. It wasn't a huge problem as we only stayed for one more night, but it could be unacceptable to some. To end on a positive note - this hotel has a stunning location and is well worth a visit. PS. Note to photographers - Watch out for sea otters floating past on their way around the Bay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Monterey's only beach-front full service hotel, The Beach Resort Monterey boasts some of the most expansive views available of the Monterey Bay. Blending California beach casual with superior comfort and professionalism, the Beach Resort Monterey offers a relaxing alternative from the distractions of downtown, with the convenience of being only minutes away from the areas favorite attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Beach Resort Monterey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Beach Resort Monterey Hotel Monterey
- Monterey Best Western
- Best Western Monterey Beach Resort